Forums > MaxMSP

using [dynamicdsp~] – how does it work?

July 14, 2011 | 8:56 am

Hi,

Here is my non-working try to use [dynamicdsp~] – see the below patches. Eventually, I would like to load two patches at a time, so that I can crossfade from spot A to spot B, load a new patch into spot A and crossfade from spot B to A and so on … I do this in order to save CPU, when crossfading between "modes of sound".

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

patch named: fadein-a

patch named: fadein-b

patch named: fadein-c

patch named: fadein-d

July 14, 2011 | 10:08 am

This is the best I could do using bpatcher and avoiding the click sound from when the dsp is stopped when loading a new sound patch – see attached.

I fade out the "current" patch, load the "next" patch and then fade that one in. However, it would be nice to crossfade between the two …

K

PS. I still haven’t found out how to do theloading with crossfade using [dynamicdsp~] … it seems pretty complicated to me – does anyone have a patch where they do this kind of stuff?

July 22, 2011 | 1:03 pm

OK, here’s my take on it. It relates to something I’m working on atm, so I’m quite excited about it, though it will probably all be redundant when Max 6 comes out ;-)

I’m loading the gui’s seperately as bpatchers, which slightly complicates things, but then I think it works better in a realtime context as you don’t have to open each patch after you’ve loaded it. There’s probably a more elegant way to do this with regexp, but I don’t speak the lingo.
It appears you have to put in a one signal vector delay by means of a tapin~/tapout~ pair to feed dynamicdsp~ outlets back into inlets, but that’s OK,
cheers
Roger

Attachments:
  1. ddsptest.zip

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)