using input from ipod touch?

Oct 17, 2008 at 3:51pm

using input from ipod touch?

Hey everybody. I just purchased an ipod touch and didn’t know if there was any interesting ways to use the touch interface/built-in accelerometer into max/msp/jitter? I saw on the apple app-store an interesting app that turns your ipod touch into a wireless mouse, along with other apps that nearly control your computer via your ipod touch. I know most of this depends on what I plan on doing with my patch, which I’m not entirely sure of at this moment. I know I would like to have some sort of VJ control panel where I control different type of video and effects that are combined into one end-result video. If anybody is familiar with VJ-ing you will know what I’m talking about. Anybody willing to share their patches that used the ipod-touch as an input device…even if it doesn’t have to do with VJ-ing? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Oct 17, 2008 at 4:47pm

Oct 17, 2008 at 10:11pm

Thanks for that, I downloaded it but I’m having trouble setting it up to work with the things of my liking. I can’t seem to find a tutorial on how set it up. I downloaded the “basic.patch” from their attatched website, and got the OSC to at least communicate and send messages to max because I could see the numbers appear in the max print window. However, that is all I’ve gotten it to do thus far, I have no idea to hook it up to an actual fader or knob of any sort thats included in max/msp/jitter. Any ideas/help are welcome and extremely appreciated.

Oct 18, 2008 at 5:10pm

you should definitely check out mrmr as well, it has customisable ui,
simple max help file(contains the biggest object box I’ve seen, except
for the Bas’s longest packs

On Oct 18, 2008, at 12:11 AM, nshelle87
wrote:

>
> Thanks for that, I downloaded it but I’m having trouble setting it
> up to work with the things of my liking. I can’t seem to find a
> tutorial on how set it up. I downloaded the “basic.patch” from their
> attatched website, and got the OSC to at least communicate and send
> messages to max because I could see the numbers appear in the max
> print window. However, that is all I’ve gotten it to do thus far, I
> have no idea to hook it up to an actual fader or knob of any sort
> thats included in max/msp/jitter. Any ideas/help are welcome and
> extremely appreciated.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.