using jit.gl.render to render a matrix ? + javascript bug ?

Jul 17, 2006 at 4:12pm

using jit.gl.render to render a matrix ? + javascript bug ?

Hi,

I recently downloaded the demo of Max/Msp/Jitter and have been going through the tutorials and I have two questions:

- Tutorial45, javascript intro, didn’t work as is and I had to change all the mywake.rupbleed+=Math.random()*0.006; to mywake.rupbleed=parseFloat(mywake.rupbleed)+Math.random()*0.006;

The first instruction seems to concatenate the numbers as if they were strings and it stayed 0. Have others seen this problem ?

- How do I render a jit.matrix or a jit.noise directly with a jit.gl.render object ? In the tutorial37 (geometry under the hood), I tried to connect a metro to jit.noise and the output of the jit.noise to the jit.gl.render but that didn’t work.
In the jit.gl.render help, there’s a jit.qt.movie connected to a trigger which sends a bang to a jit.matrix which is connected to a jit.gl.render, but if I connect direcly a metro to the jit.matrix, it stopped working ?!

Also why does the render target of a jit.gl.gridshape does still need to be the same as the jit.gl.render when matrixoutput is enabled and both are connected ?

Last one : why is there no matrixoutput attribute for jit.gl.sketch (There’s an error in the max window) ?

Sorry for so many questions, just trying to get the hang of it, thanks a lot.

Vincent

#26831
Jul 17, 2006 at 11:34pm

On Jul 17, 2006, at 9:13 AM, Vincent wrote:

> I recently downloaded the demo of Max/Msp/Jitter and have been
> going through the tutorials and I have two questions:
>
> – Tutorial45, javascript intro, didn’t work as is and I had to
> change all the mywake.rupbleed+=Math.random()*0.006; to
> mywake.rupbleed=parseFloat(mywake.rupbleed)+Math.random()*0.006;
>
> The first instruction seems to concatenate the numbers as if they
> were strings and it stayed 0. Have others seen this problem ?

I thought this had been resolved in Jitter 1.5.2, but should
otherwise be fixed in the forthcoming Jitter 1.5.3 and 1.6. As weith
all reports please specify platform, version number, and any relevant
HW information.

> – How do I render a jit.matrix or a jit.noise directly with a
> jit.gl.render object ? In the tutorial37 (geometry under the hood),
> I tried to connect a metro to jit.noise and the output of the
> jit.noise to the jit.gl.render but that didn’t work.
> In the jit.gl.render help, there’s a jit.qt.movie connected to a
> trigger which sends a bang to a jit.matrix which is connected to a
> jit.gl.render, but if I connect direcly a metro to the jit.matrix,
> it stopped working ?!

Clear example patch and platform/SW version please.

> Also why does the render target of a jit.gl.gridshape does still
> need to be the same as the jit.gl.render when matrixoutput is
> enabled and both are connected ?

It shouldn’t need to unless the displaylist attribute is enabled, but
it does need a valid context. Example patch recommended for us to
investigate this or other problems further.

> Last one : why is there no matrixoutput attribute for jit.gl.sketch
> (There’s an error in the max window) ?

Due the the complicated nature of jit.gl.sketch executing a list of
arbitrary OpenGL commands rather than generating matrices of
vertices, this isn’t currently supported, nor likely in the future.

-Joshua

#80677
Jul 19, 2006 at 12:34am

#80678

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.