Using vinyl to control faders.

May 27, 2008 at 9:27pm

Using vinyl to control faders.

Howdy folks,

Im trying to get a Ms.Pinky record to control some faders. But I’m having some problems. I’m using the position stamps and direction data to turn the faders up and down. It works ok but when I move the needle to a new position to move the next fader it moves the last fader slightly. It’s workable like this but I need precision.

I’ve attached the patch but you’ll need the mptcfs~ object from Ms.Pinky to use it.

If you do care to look at it you should understand what I mean without the records. I’m guessing it is a problem with the way I’m using counter. Can any body suggest a different object than counter to get the position data to a slider?

Thanks for reading
Best
John

May 27, 2008 at 10:48pm

What tables you using?

May 28, 2008 at 12:16am

I’m curious how vinyl could be more accurate than just using a fader to control a fader?

May 28, 2008 at 12:19am

How about putting in some gates that you turn on or off when entering fader info in with the vinyl? This could be tied to a footswitch that would let you go into “fader mode” at the step of a footswitch.

May 28, 2008 at 9:25am

No tables other than technics turntables:) I will look again at the table objects and see if they can help me.

Quote: bil3y_da_k1b wrote on Tue, 27 May 2008 23:48
—————————————————-
> What tables you using?
—————————————————-

May 28, 2008 at 9:42am

It isn’t more accurate really. I would just like to able to control a patch using only 2 turntables, a mixer, vinyl and maybe a midi controller, but preferably no midi.

The rate the position stamps (85.131 per sec) come into max it’s difficult to control them thus far. Even with the foot switch you suggested the fader will still jump I think. This is going to mean that I’ll have to keep a good eye on the patch during performance and I don’t want that you see.

I need to find an object that will stop repetitive numbers and that will only work when it receives numbers between two defined points.

See what I mean?

john

Quote: DonK wrote on Wed, 28 May 2008 01:16
—————————————————-
> I’m curious how vinyl could be more accurate than just using a fader to control a fader?
>
>
—————————————————-

May 28, 2008 at 6:02pm

dx1200 schrieb:
> I need to find an object that will stop repetitive numbers

change

> and that will only work when it receives numbers between two defined
> points.

split

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

May 29, 2008 at 1:38pm

A gentleman and a scholar thank you Stefan. Hadn’t tried split..

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.