Forums > Java

V-Module Java error

November 2, 2012 | 4:33 pm

Hello users, I have been trying to get the V-module video processing suite to work for awhile now, but whenever I open a patch with java objects I get the bellow errors in my max window. I have little experience with Java and am a bit confused where to start. I have Java 6SE currently, and believe have all of the required objects in the correct max paths.

Thanks

Jitter initialized
MXJ System CLASSPATH:
/Applications/Max6/Cycling ’74/java/lib/jitter.jar
/Applications/Max6/Cycling ’74/java/lib/jode-1.1.2-pre-embedded.jar
/Applications/Max6/Cycling ’74/java/lib/max.jar
MXJClassloader CLASSPATH:
/Applications/Max6/Cycling ’74/java/classes/
Jitter Java support installed
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: camera_move : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:632)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:616)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoaderImpl.doLoadClass(MXJClassLoaderImpl.java:119)
at com.cycling74.max.MXJClassLoader.loadClazz(MXJClassLoader.java:88)
Could not load class ‘camera_move’
hi: hi: focussing on Apple IR

November 2, 2012 | 5:11 pm

The UnsupportedClassVersionError means that the class files you’re trying to load were compiled for a newer version of the JVM than the one you’re running. Java 6 corresponds to class file version 50, so perhaps the code you’re trying to load was compiled under Java 7?

November 2, 2012 | 6:19 pm

…and since you are on Mac, you will need to go get the Oracle Java 7 : http://www.java.com/en/download/faq/java_mac.xml …and I hope yhen all is well with MXJ … I have not done this.

November 10, 2012 | 4:49 am

December 30, 2012 | 12:48 pm

In fact this external (used for the 3D camera movements) has been compiled in Java 7.

PS: in alternative to using the Java based version (devices V-GMove3DW-xxx), older patch-only style versions (no Java external involved) are still available in the Legacy sub-folders. The device names are the same, only with a "-o" in their name (old versions). Functionally identical, only a bit less CPU friendly.

Cheers
Fabrizio

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)