Forums > Jitter

vDome: fulldome multi-channel projection software

June 16, 2013 | 4:16 pm

I’m pleased to announce that vDome-Max, a fulldome multi-channel projection software, is now open source and freely available through GitHub:

https://github.com/charlesveasey/vdome-max

We are currently using it for real-time slicing and projection mapping in a 2K fulldome theatre at IAIA in Santa Fe, NM.

It is designed to accept 2048 x 2048 dome-masters through Syphon, TCP, or direct video playback.

If anyone knows of optimizations that can be done in the program, please let me know. Once thing that I’ve been thinking about it to have a gui-less version that can be used after calibration is complete.

best,
Charles

June 18, 2013 | 9:25 am

Hey, this is awesome. Nice work.

June 18, 2013 | 11:32 am

Thanks and again for Syphon.

June 19, 2013 | 1:11 am

Yeah, great work.

"If anyone knows of optimizations that can be done in the program, please let me know" – hmmm, I think support for [jit.gl.hap] will be nice for better internal video player.

June 21, 2013 | 11:55 am

Thanks. This is the first I’ve heard of it. I’ll check it out.

August 29, 2013 | 9:54 pm

This is awesome, just what I need for a project i’m currently working on, timing couldn’t have been better.

I understand requirements for this are pretty heavy, but could you comment on using this on a lower system? (i7 3.4ghz, 16 gb ram, gtx 760 2gb ram). I’ll be using lower resolution files, and just 2 projectors.

I’ll be trying this next week and will provide all feedback I can get.

Thanks!

September 3, 2013 | 11:27 am

Controla,

Thanks. I’m happy to help if you need it. This is a grant funded project and it will help us to point to real world examples of use. Please provide info about your project if you can.

best,
Charles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)