Forums > Jitter

Version 2 Kinect external for Max (dp.kinect2) is ready for early testing

March 14, 2014 | 10:57 am

Hi all.  I’ve ported a majority of dp.kinect to run on the yet-unreleased Kinect v2 sensor. The v2 sensor is performing well.

If you have the early prototype Kinect v2 sensor and want to get on a private beta of dp.kinect2, please contact me at dale usethecircleatsymbol hidale.com.

There is a high degree of compatibility with dp.kinect and dp.kinect2 (and jit.openni). It is a goal of mine to make it easy for people to use my technology and migrate to newer solutions like the v2 sensor.

–Dale

March 14, 2014 | 7:52 pm

Is this Windows only?

March 15, 2014 | 2:49 am

Correct. The Kinect v2 sensor hardware is designed for Windows. And therefore, the SDK and software like dp.kinect2 is also Windows only.

Of most importance now, is that a person has the early prototype Kinect v2 hardware. You would have been selected and Microsoft shipped you v2 hardware.

March 15, 2014 | 9:18 am

I acquired a v2 Kinect sensor last week on eBay so of course it’s an X-Box specific one with a very proprietary connector at the end of the cable rather than one that plays nice with a usb port.

So close yet so far…

April 15, 2014 | 2:17 pm

I have the kinect sensor for xbox one, how can i connect this??

thanks

April 16, 2014 | 4:15 am

I don’t know. That sensor is designed for the XBox One.
Microsoft has announced they will sell a Kinect v2 sensor for Windows PCs by summer 2014.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)