Video input to create shadow

Oct 11, 2008 at 6:05am

Video input to create shadow

Hi everyone. I’m a Jitter newbie and I’m wondering with what objects or where should I start if I wanted to do this task: take video input from a camera, define that it’s an object moving, find it’s edges and change the color for that object. More specifically grab video of a person and display it’s shape completely in black, sort of like a shadow of that person.

I downloaded the cv.jit externals but didn’t really understand how to work with mass, blob detection and how to draw over that data. Any ideas of where to begin, what should I be looking for or avoiding?

Thanks!

Oct 13, 2008 at 3:38pm

not a good thing to try as a jitter newbie.

definitely work your way up to the jitter tutorial that covers the use
of jit.findbounds, and then reinstall the cv.jit set and take a look.
we could write your patch for you, but it would make things awkward
when shit ceases to function.

On Oct 11, 2008, at 2:05 AM, Jose Olivares wrote:

>
> Hi everyone. I’m a Jitter newbie and I’m wondering with what objects
> or where should I start if I wanted to do this task: take video
> input from a camera, define that it’s an object moving, find it’s
> edges and change the color for that object. More specifically grab
> video of a person and display it’s shape completely in black, sort
> of like a shadow of that person.
>
> I downloaded the cv.jit externals but didn’t really understand how
> to work with mass, blob detection and how to draw over that data.
> Any ideas of where to begin, what should I be looking for or avoiding?
>
> Thanks!

Feb 24, 2011 at 3:05pm

Hi Subrayado and Joshua,

I have a similar idea and also a problem to make it work. I have looked into the findbounds and the cv jit library as well, but I cannot figure out how these arguments work. The main idea is to reproduce the effect in Videoplaces by Krueger, just for learning purposes/experiment. When I have the desired effect it will be used in an installation.

I have a live video input, and I am playing around with threshold but that does not give the precise effect I would like to have. @ Subrayado, since your post is about 2 years old, have you figured it out in the meantime and would you like to help out a new newbie? Thanks for your reply.
Esther

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.