Video stop motion help

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:06pm

Video stop motion help

hello im looking to make a patch in jitter that will emulate this kind of thing found in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxfcSguy-TE&feature=related is the easiest way to do tis just with teh jit.qt.movie object and then triggering each sample with a step sequencer or such. ideally i would want an object that works in the same way that the groove~ object works as that works very well with sampling any help will be greatly appreaciated.

Oct 20, 2009 at 4:45pm

I’m not sure if this is what you’re looking for, but it sounds similar. I made a few patches (attached) that behave like wave~, play~ and groove~, but internally load movies (into jit.qt.movie and buffer~), and output the jitter matrix appropriately. This was as much in order to control video playback from audio signals, as it was to have a better control over movie audio than using spigot.

Enjoy!

Oct 20, 2009 at 5:57pm

one more question might seem kinda stupid but is there an argument that you can send into jit.qt.movie that allows you to just play the clip with a bang message or somethin would be similar to the startloop arugment in groove~ but without the loop argument being set. if u know what i mean basically it just plays through the clip once

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:01pm

worked it out forgot bangs go from right to left its all good now lol thansk for you help anyways i appreciate it

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:14pm
lists@grahamwakefield wrote on Tue, 20 October 2009 10:45
I made a few patches (attached) that behave like wave~, play~ and groove~, but internally load movies (into jit.qt.movie and buffer~), and output the jitter matrix appropriately.

these are great!

Oct 23, 2009 at 2:47am

A little thing I was playing with to do this kind of thing. Easy with keyboard input. I was trying to use TouchOSC, but can’t figure out how to use just the press, and not the release. I left both in.

1. Record or find video of the sounds being made.
2. Scrub through the video to find which frames the hits start at, either manually or with an algorithm and set up frame bangs for each.
3. Attach MIDI, OSC, or key presses to each frame bang you set up and then you can sequence your audio/video, or play it live!

Kind of fun, but very simple. If you want to play with the video file that I already have the patch set for, here it is: http://v8media.com/temp/video_sample.mov

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.