Forums > Jitter

video

yo
June 13, 2008 | 7:04 pm

Hi folks
I am not a PC user, but I am trying to install & use grab fountion with a usb camera.I have patch that work perfectly on a mac computer. But when I click on OPEN, it appear a message "problem connecting video output to Quicktime."

I have already install Quicktime7 & the last thing is to find out what version OPEN gl i should install. I have a Intel 82852/82855 Graphic card. Does anyone has suggestion ?!

thank you so much,
aichen

June 13, 2008 | 7:14 pm

Are you using the jit.qt.grab object in windows? if so, use
jit.dx.grab instead.

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 10:04 PM, aichen

wrote:
>
> Hi floks
> I am not a PC user, but I am trying to install & use grab fountion with a usb camera.I have patch that work perfectly on a mac computer. But when I click on OPEN, it appear a message "problem connecting video output to Quicktime."
>
> I have already install Quicktime7 & the last thing is to find out what version OPEN gl i should install. I have a Intel 82852/82855 Graphic card. Does anyone has suggestion ?!
>
> thank you so much,
> aichen

June 13, 2008 | 7:19 pm

hello aichen

i think you have to install a 3rd plugin when working on a pc

http://www.abstractplane.com/products/vdig.jsp

in the help file for jit.qt.grab it says that or winvdig

hope that helps

cheers ben

June 14, 2008 | 7:58 am

Use jit.dx.grab on windows
it is the analogue of jit.qt.grab for mac.
Anything about jit.qt.grab or vdig is just legacy documentation that is no longer applicable.
jit.dx.grab is more reliable, has faster framerates, crashes less, and generally just works and is a necessary evil to employ if you’re going to go crossplatform.
jit.qt.grab for mac, jit.dx.grab for windows.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)