Forums > Jitter

Visualization

November 15, 2007 | 3:39 pm

Hello. I have been using MaxMSP for a few years but am fairly new to Jitter. I have been trying to think of a project that will help me learn Jitter, and I have decided I would like to attempt to create a basic realtime visualizer.

I’m confident I can get useful number streams out of Max, but I’m really not sure where to go next. For my first try, I was thinking about using one of the pre-made visualizers, and impementing it in Jitter (if that makes sense..?). I am wondering if anyone could provide me with some pointers, or places to start in this regard.

However, if this is not realistic then perhaps I will just have to use Jitter only and see what I can figure out, in which case, I’m hoping for some pointers or suggestions of objects to research.

Thanks kindly,
Joshua

Dan
November 16, 2007 | 4:06 am

What do you want to visualize?

a) music
b) teapots
c) stock prices
d) mood
e) hemlines and beard lengths
f) log tables
g) all of the above

Max can do g. Search the web for "information visualization blog" and you’ll find many wonderful examples.

HTH,
dan

November 16, 2007 | 5:56 pm

In my defense, I normally do search before posting. I don’t know what I was thinking yesterday. I am now well on my way to designing a nice little teapot visualizer. :)

November 16, 2007 | 6:11 pm

does the jitter opengl implementation lose points from the general
opengl community because there is no easy teapot visualizer?

i mean, even 242.gl had one! :P

On Nov 16, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Joshua Hemming wrote:

>
> In my defense, I normally do search before posting. I don’t know
> what I was thinking yesterday. I am now well on my way to designing
> a nice little teapot visualizer. :)
>

November 16, 2007 | 9:13 pm

yeah, i thought about extending the sdk version of gl.gridshape and adding a teapot gridshape.
but you know, better things to do an all.

still it’s so necessary…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)