Forums > MaxMSP

VST Integration::

October 6, 2009 | 7:54 am

Can anybody give tips(links, ..) to me how it’s the best way to integrate VST Plug-Ins::

Thx
Simon

Follow & Tweet me!!
http://twitter.com/OneLoneKnight

October 6, 2009 | 6:06 pm

Are you just looking for a way to make it work?

Use the vst~ object and type the name of what you want to use as the argument; vst~ FM8 or vst~ Reaktor5

To use MIDI, send the Pitch and Velocity outlets from Makenote or Notein to the two inlets of a Pack object, whose outlet goes into a message "midievent 144 $1 $2"

Connect the message to the left inlet of the vst~ object and you’re good to go.

October 8, 2009 | 9:57 am

Thx !!

Simon

January 16, 2010 | 3:31 am

thx its very usefull. But im wondering how could i make sustain or any other parameters works with this ?

January 16, 2010 | 4:53 pm

Have you looked at the help file for vst~? The answer to your first question was in that. It also describes how to use CC messages.

Regarding sustain commands, you have two choices: Have Max do the work, or have the vst~ do the work. In the first case, use something like a sustain object. If you don’t like the way it works, search for "sustain" in the forum to find alternatives. If you want to use the synth’s internal sustain mechanism, just make sure it’s receiving the appropriate CC command. I believe it’s CC number 64 — a nonzero value means "sustain on", zero means "off".

February 9, 2010 | 4:17 am

I’ve tried naming my GRM Tools vst plugins to have them automatically recognized on opening a patch, but I keep getting the message "can’t find…" I’ve tried renaming in the vst~ object, adding the Library/Audio/Plugins/VST path to File Prefs. Nothing seems to let it be recognized.

February 9, 2010 | 8:26 am

Don’t forget to put quotes around the plug-in name, it contains spaces.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)