vst~ object no parameter output, bug?

Mar 24, 2013 at 5:59pm

vst~ object no parameter output, bug?

Hi,

Im having some problems with the vst object. When I change a parameter on the vst, im getting nothing coming out of output 4. It does output the parameter number, but just outputs a “0″ next to it, whereas it used to output the float number showing the parameter value changing. Is there something that’s changed in max 6.0.1 that’s caused this? I have only test this on Mac osx.

Cheers N

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:44pm

ok so have done some tests on different vst objects between 5.1.9 and 6.1

5.1.9 – vst opens, but theres a blank gui
6.0.8 – vst shows parameter values correctly in output, but certain vst’s crash live and max
6.1 – vst doesnt show any parameter values, all vst’s ive tested dont crash live any more

Id really appreciate to find out if this can be fixed. My patch relies on this object, quite clearly, the core functionality in this object has changed throughout these versions and in it’s current state this object appears unusable.

Cheers N

Mar 24, 2013 at 6:47pm

It seems that this problem has appeared in Max 6.1.1

We’re looking at it. Sorry for the inconvenience

Cheers

-Andrew

Mar 24, 2013 at 11:51pm

Is this a problem with vst~ in 32 and 64 bit?
I’ve been getting 0′s on parameter inquiries since 6.1 I think.
Kontakt seems to be crashing Max (I think)…..Maybe it’s Kontakt now Max 6.1.1?

Mar 25, 2013 at 12:04am

Please email support with a small patcher which crashes , and be sure to include all system and VST information

-A

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:03pm

This was an error in 6.1 for me, so has the bug worked its way into 6.1.1 as well? Is there any chance you could outline whether a fix is likely to be implemented in 6.1.2?

Also, could i possibly suggest a feature request? To have the option to save the current parameters as an fxp/binary file inside the max patch itself. Currently, the user has to save a fxp file each time they want to save the patch. However, in ableton, this is done automatically. I have created a workaround which involves automatically saving the fxp file to a location, but its a pain, because I have to deal with user inputted file locations and detect when the user has copied the device (the fxp has to be copied with it as well).

Cheers

N

Apr 4, 2013 at 3:42pm

Yes the parameter output bug will be fixed for 6.1.2

Cheers

-A

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.