Forums > MaxMSP

VST parameter clicks

March 26, 2014 | 6:34 pm

I get small clicks when changing vst parameter values in my patches.

One parameter is not too bad.
But the patch i’m working on interpolates presets of 3 knobs, which are assigned to parameters of a vst.
So when all 3 parameter knobs are preset morphing, i get clicks more often.
I tried smoothing with a line object but i still got clicks.

Heres a patch example of how i change a parameter value in my patch.
You might need to shake the parameter value knob a lot to hear the clicks (going back and forth from 0 to 1 quickly).

Anyone else is getting that issue?
Please help!:(

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

March 28, 2014 | 1:02 am

there is nothing what looks wrong in a way … i´d say it can only be the plug-in causing this.

what plugin are we talking about and what is your current audio vector size?

March 28, 2014 | 5:00 am

Uhbik Ambience for example, clicks a lot on my side. When assigned to mix.

If i use the same sound & vst in ableton live and shake any parameter controllers outside the plugin window (like a macro knob or the device parameter sliders given in ableton). i dont get any clicks.

My vector sizes are IO size=512 and signal Vector=64.

March 28, 2014 | 8:53 am

I actually confirmed this bug with Cycling 74 support. They’ve ticketed it. After upgrading to 6.1.6 I noticed that whenever I applied modulation to any VST I had it induced clicking and stuttering. This was not an issue with my previous version. I’ve simply just reverted back for the time being, as my performances rely on 1 or 2 VST effects.

March 28, 2014 | 9:46 am

Thanks.
I hope it gets fixed soon.

May 30, 2014 | 12:14 pm

Hi,
I am definitely seeing this behavior too. I hope it gets fixed soon also! One of the main reasons I bought Max was to use it as an uber-powerful AudioUnit host / parameter side-chainer.

-Jade

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)