Forums > MaxMSP

vst~ window cosmetic question

November 10, 2010 | 9:12 am

it’s just a little cosmetic question.
I built this little patcher (see attachment).
I have the ‘show’ and ‘hide’ buttom for the vst Plug In.
The question:
if I press the ‘show’ buttom and the vst window opens and I DON’T use the ‘hide’ buttom to close it but I close it manually (with apple+w or just the red buttom in the vst window itself) —- is there any way how I can tell max to trigger my ‘hide’ buttom? — so to make a connection between closing the vst window outside of max but max recodnizing it?
like I said: just a little unimportant cosmetic question, but anyway I would like to know ;-)
Cheers
Peer

November 10, 2010 | 9:37 am

nope it wont know

pid
November 10, 2010 | 10:41 am
– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

November 10, 2010 | 11:25 am

hey thanx a lot,
I thought about that too, but the ‘active’ object only works between two max windows, not between a max window and a vst window…that’s pity…..

pid
November 10, 2010 | 12:51 pm

well, using active added to the example you posted above was working fine for me. active is associated with the max window it is in, and will always send its 0 or 1 regardless of whether you are moving between max windows or applications. or anything else. i am osx, dunno if that makes a difference? unless i missunderstand you – active cannot close the window, but it can rectify the ‘cosmetic’ issue of updated buttons that i thought you were getting at in your first post…

November 10, 2010 | 1:15 pm

hmmm…i’m osx, too but it doesn’t work…strange….I try it again

nope…it works perfectly for everything (also between application and max windows) but it doesn’t work between vst windows and max.

did u try it with a vst window which you opened within max with the vst~ object?

pid
November 10, 2010 | 6:00 pm

crazy! just tried it with ‘+phasor.vst’ e.g. and no, it does not work! and the plug is not even a floating window! surely this is a bug in ‘active’? or ‘vst~’? sorry for earlier pomposity!

November 10, 2010 | 11:01 pm

puuhh…I’m ‘happy’ that it didn’t work for you either…was going crazy here ;-)
I’ll write a little note to cycling 74…maybe they can change it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)