waveform

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:03pm

waveform

Hi, I am using different the waveform for each audio sound in my patch, and when you hit a sound, it is shown in the waveform, but these are all hidden in subpatches to make my patch tidy, is the a way were they could be connect to one waveform in my main patch, which when I turn on the sounds at different time it will show up in the main waveform, as well as the waveform in my subpatchs. Thanks Wendy

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:10pm

[inlet] / [outlet]?

Mar 3, 2013 at 2:36pm

but I do not want lodes of waveform coming out of there subpatchs, I just want one big waveform connect to the sub patch (with different audio sound in each), will I be able to use inlet and outlet for that, or will this cause me problems. Thanks Wendy

Mar 3, 2013 at 3:31pm

This is really basic stuff, you should read the manual/help. Assuming you are using more then 1 [groove~] and [buffer~] to play the sound. Connect all [groove~] to your 1 waveform. Than each time you want to display a different sound you have to call its buffer to open, replace or read a different audio file.

Mar 3, 2013 at 6:25pm

Send the buffer!~ name to the waveform~ as a message: set myBuffer

Mar 3, 2013 at 7:54pm

Hi, I have already done that and it work, and I got a different waveform for each sound, but I want to connect all my audio sound to one signal waveform (at the same time), and when I click on MIDI controller buttons to turn on different sound in my patch, at different point, I want the sound wave to change in one main waveform, so I can highlight different section of it.

Mar 3, 2013 at 11:13pm

I’m not getting what you want. Post your patch, preferably with internal comments about what you expect to happen, and what happens instead.

Mar 5, 2013 at 1:40pm

Hi Chris, I want to be able to push the text button, which will be connect to a MIDI controller, which put what every audio sound I am playing in to a main waveform and not the one already connect to one sounds. I want to be able to have a number of sound connect to one main waveform and when I click on the text button to change the sound waveform you can see, depend on what sound is playing. Thanks Wendy

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
Mar 7, 2013 at 8:28pm

I didn’t see anything much like your description contained in your patch. I posted a version of this patch in another thread, maybe it will give you an idea:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.