waves and max msp

May 26, 2010 at 7:39am

waves and max msp

Hi,

Is there a way that someone has used Waves with Max MSP? Any examples? I would like to know if Waves fit like a hand in a glove with Max MSP before I buy it …

Thanks ahead,

Ana

May 26, 2010 at 8:23am

Hi
Some years ago I used some Waves in Max 4 within vst~, on a Windows XP machine.

It worked perfectly well, with only one issue: since Waves worked as a VST via a wrapper, I could not directly load the desired plugin, but I had to load the wrapper and then manually select the plugin you wanted – at the time, I did not find a way to make this process automatic.

But maybe things have changed in the meantime, and on a Mac it could be different.

Cheers
aa

May 26, 2010 at 11:59am

@anamaria

if I remember right, since MaxMSP v 5.0.7 the vst-object supports waveshell and there was a patch posted how to do, search for “waveshell” in the forum (I works for me on OS X)

sepp

Oct 22, 2010 at 9:54am

I’m trying to use my Waves reverb plugins in a MaxMSP patch as well.

I know I have to first open the “WaveShell-VST 7.0.vst”, using the “plug” message to vst~. This works fine.

But then how do I now load the actual plugin? I tried sending messages vst~ with the name or the full path of the plugin, but that didn’t work.

I’m using Max 5.1.5, OS X 10.6.4, Waves 7

Any hints would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Alexandra

Oct 22, 2010 at 10:14pm

“plug” should load the VST, “open” should pop up the plug-in for use…or just double-click the vst~ object.

Watch the Max window for errors (if there are any) when loading, I’m not sure it works for every last VST out there.

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:15pm

Thanks for the feedback!

But Waves plugins use a “Waveshell” wrapper to turn their plugins into VST’s, if I’m not mistaking. If I double click on the vst~ I’m just getting a blank window, not the plugin.

I’m loading the Waveshell, but I don’t know how to then select and open the actual plugin I want to use…

Oct 23, 2010 at 3:35pm

This is what I was looking for:

http://cycling74.com/forums/topic.php?id=19694

(For any others, make sure that the path in the patch above is correct for your VST Waveshell. I had to change it to mine)

Thanks!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.