Forums > MaxMSP

Way of Toggling a receive~ Object?

September 23, 2010 | 6:58 pm

Hey everyone,
I am just wondering if this is possible?
I want it so that a sawtooth wave can be turned on and off using the phasor. Here’s a patch that I have constructed (nothing fancy I am still learning, and have lots to learn ha).
Cheers

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

(edit by admin – use copy-compressed)

September 23, 2010 | 6:59 pm

ps how do you compress pastings of patches?

September 23, 2010 | 7:02 pm

Copy Compressed, from the edit menu.

September 23, 2010 | 7:14 pm

As far as your problem goes, you’ll have to be more specific. Do you want to do amplitude modulation of the saw?

September 23, 2010 | 7:17 pm

Thank you for your fast reply, I want the sawtooth wave enabled to be turned off and would also like AM.
The patch is nothing complex just was experimenting with it and realised that a toggle can not be used with certain MSP objects, so was wondering if there was a way around this.
Is the mute option the only way for that or could I send a message to trigger the sawtooth wave?

September 23, 2010 | 8:05 pm

Have you been through the Max and MSP tutorials?

September 23, 2010 | 8:15 pm

Thank you very much for that patch, so I need to us a trigger going into a gate to solve. Really appreciate the help :) I’ve been through all the max tutorials and about half way through the msp. Should have really posted my query once I had covered all of the msp tutorials. Thanks once agin :)

September 23, 2010 | 9:15 pm

Actually, the trigger/gate thing was added fluff to get rid of a little problem with this (that the phasor is re-enabled when its frequency is changed):

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)