Forums > MaxMSP

Weird mouse click LCD presentation thingy

March 17, 2014 | 2:17 pm

Hello all, I’ve attached a small patch I am having issues with. Put the patch into presentation mode and click the mouse, an LCD display becomes visible but the white circle on the LCD display does not follow the mouse as intended. Try again but press "c" on your keyboard which has been setup to simulate the mouse click, now the white circle does follow the mouse as intended. Any ideas how I might get the LCD display to appear with the click of the mouse and have the white LCD circle follow the mouse as intended?

Many thanks in advance!

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

March 18, 2014 | 4:56 pm

Am I right in thinking that this is happening because the mouse pointer is clicking the patcher background before the LCD appears and is therefore "attached" to that? Is there anyway round this?

March 19, 2014 | 7:01 am

I think you are correct that since the LCD isn’t in presentation mode until the mouse click it’s not working. What happens if you leave it in presentation, but use the mouse click to change the hidden status? Does that work? Another possibility would be to leave it visible, but change it’s color to match the background unless you click the mouse button–just thinking out loud on that one…

March 19, 2014 | 12:34 pm

Thanks for the reply. Hidden status doesn’t work unfortunately. Changing the colour to match the background won’t work because I want elements in the background to remain clickable and they aren’t if the LCD is in front of the mouse pointer. A real pain in the posterior this! :)

March 19, 2014 | 1:03 pm

A very convoluted solution in case anyone else has this issue:

<code>

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

</code>

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)