Forums > MaxMSP

weirdest bug ever

November 20, 2006 | 6:31 pm

Somehow my patch data got corrupted. When I removed pattrstorage and was
able to open my patch again, I noticed a numberbox somewhere way up in max
heaven. Try to open this patch, and unlock it. You’ll see a cord going
somewhere you can’t reach. Selecting or clicking the cord makes max crash.
Since I cannot select it, I cannot past it in here, so only for the
mailinglist people. I think if we do a contest, this one scores pretty high
;-)

…how am I gonna get this one nrbox out of a large patch, if I can’t select
it?

cheers -thijs

xp, max 4.6.2, jit1.6.3b1


November 20, 2006 | 6:34 pm

On 11/20/06, Thijs Koerselman

wrote:
>
>
> …how am I gonna get this one nrbox out of a large patch, if I can’t
> select it?

O the fix was easy ofcourse.. open as text and fix coordinates. It was set
to 15850 -29143 -15498 for its position…

-thijs


November 20, 2006 | 6:49 pm

I was able to recover the numbox. Save the patch as text format
(mxt), and notice the huge numbers for its graphic coordinates,
change them :)

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info

On Nov 20, 2006, at 1:31 PM, Thijs Koerselman wrote:

> Somehow my patch data got corrupted. When I removed pattrstorage
> and was able to open my patch again, I noticed a numberbox
> somewhere way up in max heaven. Try to open this patch, and unlock
> it. You’ll see a cord going somewhere you can’t reach. Selecting or
> clicking the cord makes max crash. Since I cannot select it, I
> cannot past it in here, so only for the mailinglist people. I think
> if we do a contest, this one scores pretty high ;-)
>
> …how am I gonna get this one nrbox out of a large patch, if I
> can’t select it?
>
> cheers -thijs
>
> xp, max 4.6.2, jit1.6.3b1
>
>
>
>
>
>


November 20, 2006 | 6:59 pm

Thijs Koerselman wrote:

> I think if we do a contest, this one scores pretty high
> ;-)
>
> …how am I gonna get this one nrbox out of a large patch, if I can’t
> select
> it?

open with max, choose "Save as…" and save as textfile. Now you can
open the textfile with a normal text editor and it looks like this:

max v2;
#N vpatcher 23 30 1222 926;
#P origin 1 -7;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P hidden newex 180 325 94 9109513 pak set_bias 0. 0. 0.;
#P flonum 15850 -29143 -15498 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222
0 0 0;
#P objectname bias_z;
#P flonum 278 220 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P objectname bias_y;
#P flonum 239 220 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P objectname bias_x;
#P flonum 239 200 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P objectname scale;
#P hidden connect 1 0 4 1;
#P hidden connect 2 0 4 2;
#P hidden connect 3 0 4 3;
#P pop;

Have a look at the 6th line reading

#P flonum 15850 -29143 -15498

that’s your numberbox. You can edit the values here to move it back to
where it belongs to. The first two values are X Y coordinates, don’t
known about the 3rd.

So did I win anything?

Olaf


November 20, 2006 | 7:41 pm

The fix is fine but the question is: how could this happen?

Mattijs


November 20, 2006 | 7:59 pm

On 20-Nov-2006, at 19:59, Olaf Matthes wrote:

> The first two values are X Y coordinates, don’t known about the 3rd.

Probably font settings.

The font encoding has been discussed numerous times on the list, but
it’s been a while. If someone feels inclined to describe it, feel
free. But it’s not essential.

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


November 20, 2006 | 8:18 pm

On 20-nov.-06, at 20:41, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:

>
> The fix is fine but the question is: how could this happen?

A cosmic ray? Like in the belgian computer based elections where
recently in one village, there were 4096 more votes than electors.

There may be many cosmic rays in the benelux…

p


November 20, 2006 | 9:13 pm

On 20 nov. 06, at 21:18, Patrick Delges wrote:

>
> On 20-nov.-06, at 20:41, Mattijs Kneppers wrote:
>
>>
>> The fix is fine but the question is: how could this happen?
>
> A cosmic ray? Like in the belgian computer based elections where
> recently in one village, there were 4096 more votes than electors.
>
> There may be many cosmic rays in the benelux…

En ce qui concerne la partie "lux": c’est probablement Cattenom…

Roby


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)