Forums > MaxMSP

when combining simpleFM~ to mimic FM7, once saved, opened, has no audio

August 11, 2006 | 11:25 pm

When I compile more than 1 SimpleFM using the MSP tutorial as a guide, when I open it after I save it, there is no audio. I’ve checked the DSP, I’ve tried loadbang on to all the values but there is still no audio.

What I basically did was (if you refer to the MSP tutorial #11) I copied and pasted the patch except for the gain~ and ezdac~, patched the outlet of the second simpleFM~ into the inlet 2 of the first simpleFM Object box. I made sure that the play button was attached to the first simpleFM patch and the copied one (second one).

I’ve tried various versions of this and I had the same problem.

When I first build it from the initial tutorial patch, there is audio, but when I load it from the saved version, the audio is gone.

If anyone could give me advise, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

I’ve attached the patch to this posting

August 13, 2006 | 1:28 am

Quote: ayco wrote on Fri, 11 August 2006 16:25
—————————————————-
> When I compile more than 1 SimpleFM using the MSP tutorial as a guide, when I open it after I save it, there is no audio….
>
> I’ve attached the patch to this posting
—————————————————-

I’d try to help, but the forums don’t understand attachments. Can you copy and paste it as text?

mzed

August 13, 2006 | 7:07 am

Hi,

I haven’t looked at the patch, but to me it sounds like you have a
feedback in the audio chain by feeding audio from FM1 into FM2 and then
from FM2 back into FM1. Try inserting either tapin~/tapout~ before
feeding signals from FM2 back into FM1, or use send~ and receive~. If
this gives you sound again, you might want to check the archive for
discussions on no sound from matrix~ to understand more about what is
going on. That is the most common situation where this kind of feedback
is created.

Best,
Trond

eiko ishiwata wrote:
> When I compile more than 1 SimpleFM using the MSP tutorial as a guide, when I open it after I save it, there is no audio. I’ve checked the DSP, I’ve tried loadbang on to all the values but there is still no audio.
>
> What I basically did was (if you refer to the MSP tutorial #11) I copied and pasted the patch except for the gain~ and ezdac~, patched the outlet of the second simpleFM~ into the inlet 2 of the first simpleFM Object box. I made sure that the play button was attached to the first simpleFM patch and the copied one (second one).
>
> I’ve tried various versions of this and I had the same problem.
>
> When I first build it from the initial tutorial patch, there is audio, but when I load it from the saved version, the audio is gone.
>
> If anyone could give me advise, I would greatly appreciate it.
>
> Thanks
>

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)