Forums > Java

where can i write code for all max objects ?

October 18, 2011 | 6:49 pm

hello ! i want to know if its possible to write code in java internally instead of using visual objects conections ? where can i see the code generated by max objects?

thanks in advance

October 18, 2011 | 9:16 pm

This shows a little lack of understanding of how Max/Msp/Jitter works: the only place where there is generated code is with the new gen~ suite… 99% of max uses encapsulated, precompiled C or C+ code as basis for ‘objects’ : there is no publicly accessible ‘interpreted’ code, as there is with Java and the JVM based languages. Even java and javascript ‘scripting’ just calls Java wrappers over the existing code objects, all compiled from C or C+.

There is a text based version of the visual patches, just save a patcher as text: but the real work is done in the C based objects that are linked together,the file just represents the linking and which objects are involved/called.

October 19, 2011 | 5:32 pm

ok i got it all.
Just as a courious i wonder if its posible to make a Max midi app that holds a midi object toolbar with knob ,slider, button etc… so the user can drag and drop those controllers dynamically and customize a midi pad for controlling vsts and hardware devices like macro controlls

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)