Forums > MaxMSP

where does pattrstorage store data

May 18, 2008 | 1:14 pm

Hello.

I’ve been messing around with pattrstorage and noticed that the priority and interpolation settings are not stored in the XML file where the rest of the data is stored.

I managed to work out that the order of the data in the XML file corresponds to the priority set in Max, but how can max retrieve the exact priority int that I set from before?

In other words, where can I find the priority and interpolation settings data? Is it stored in the patch rather than the XML file? That would seem strange to me.

Thanks in advance.

Jonathan.

May 19, 2008 | 9:01 am

On 18 mai 08, at 15:14, jonathan wrote:

> In other words, where can I find the priority and interpolation
> settings data? Is it stored in the patch rather than the XML file?
> That would seem strange to me.

The priority is indeed stored in the patch.

Centre de Recherches et de Formation Musicales de Wallonie asbl

http://www.crfmw.be/max

May 19, 2008 | 2:41 pm

Thanks for that, Patrick. This is slightly disappointing, since I was hoping that the priority could be transported to a different version of a patch from within the XML file. I suppose a pen a paper to note the priorities is the easiest solution then!

Jonathan.

May 20, 2008 | 10:59 am

jonathan schrieb:
> Thanks for that, Patrick. This is slightly disappointing, since I was
> hoping that the priority could be transported to a different version
> of a patch from within the XML file. I suppose a pen a paper to note
> the priorities is the easiest solution then!

Or try to read them out, and dump them into a coll… Patching sometimes
is faster than pen & paper…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

May 20, 2008 | 3:43 pm

That’s probably a better idea, Stefan.

You wouldn’t happen to know of a nice user interface to pattrstorage? I once spent weeks programming a front end using jit.cellblock but it’s buggy and not all that pleasant to use. I was hoping Max 5 would present a graphical and intuitive solution to preset management, but I can’t find one.

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan.

May 20, 2008 | 4:07 pm

The ‘preset’ object can be used as a UI for pattrstorage in Max 5.

jb

May 20, 2008 | 4:17 pm

Thanks for the hint, Jeremy, I’ll have a look at it later tonight. I hope it allows you to type preset names and re-order them!

Best wishes,

Jonathan

May 20, 2008 | 4:57 pm

If that’s what you need, don’t even bother — you’ll just be disappointed. It’s just a simple interface for storing and recalling presets. If you need something more sophisticated, you might want to look at this:

http://maxobjects.com/?v=objects&id_objet=2733&requested=pattrstorage&operateur=AND&id_plateforme=0

or this:

http://maxobjects.com/?v=objects&id_objet=3635&requested=pattrstorage&operateur=AND&id_plateforme=0

Probably, you can modify either of them to do what you need.
jb

May 20, 2008 | 9:14 pm

[p.storage] is just what I need – offers access to all the details. I also quite like [pattr_ui.js] – I find the idea of dragging the cursor between presets blocks a really nice way of performing with presets. In the past, I’ve resorted to creating a colour map with jitter and assigning the red, green and blue colour values beneath the cursor to different synthesis parameters. But [pattr_ui.js] lookis like a simple ready made solution.

Thanks a lot.

Jonathan.

May 21, 2008 | 5:37 am

jonathan schrieb:
> I hope it allows you to type preset names and re-order them!

No, naming would be your responsability…
I have a clumpsy preset UI in my St.ools (for 4.x), and a patch to
invent preset names, like in Kyma. You can have a look at that. In Max 5
it is very nice now to link the old style preset with a pattrstorage…

For names, I would combine preset with an umenu. I have also abhaXions
which link a menu to a coll. A coll you can sort, and link to a
jit.cellblock…

Stefan

Stefan Tiedje————x——-
–_____———–|————–
–(_|_ —-|—–|—–()——-
– _|_)—-|—–()————–
———-()——–www.ccmix.com

May 28, 2008 | 6:47 pm

Here’s a pattrstorage interface based on js that lets you rename, inc/dec, and access via a menu. I’ll leave read/write up to you!

http://www.cycling74.com/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=143382&rid=116&S=9c36372e6395f16dba7b6a41330150f5#msg_143382

pboer

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)