Forums > MaxMSP

Where is OSC for Max/Msp 4.5

October 17, 2008 | 2:58 pm

hello everybody.
can someone please help me find OpenSoundControl + OSC route for 4.5 . theres nothing around anywhere anymore . its not included in CNMAT OSX everything CFM and neither can i find it anywhere else. Please help!

thx.


October 17, 2008 | 3:08 pm

Have a look to udpsend/udpreceive. They are included in the standard
distribution and replace the otudp object.

ej

On 17 oct. 08, at 16:58, loook1 wrote:

>
> hello everybody.
> can someone please help me find OpenSoundControl + OSC route for
> 4.5 . theres nothing around anywhere anymore . its not included in
> CNMAT OSX everything CFM and neither can i find it anywhere else.
> Please help!
>
> thx.


October 17, 2008 | 5:12 pm

i already did. but i


October 17, 2008 | 5:33 pm

Then look at the CNMAT webpage osc-route is definitely there.

ej

On 17 oct. 08, at 19:12, loook1 wrote:

>
> i already did. but iŽd need OSC and OSC-route as far as i concern. i
> want max to sync/listen to a different application on a 2nd machine
> that sends master clock signals over OSC. would it be possible to d
> o this without the OSC and OSC-route objects??


October 17, 2008 | 6:01 pm

sure its there but only Mach-O … not for max/msp 4.5

if anyone could send me those objects that


October 17, 2008 | 6:25 pm

those externals have been excluded from the cfm bundle. why???


October 17, 2008 | 6:34 pm


October 17, 2008 | 6:44 pm

Older Versions:
We no longer release objects in the CFM binary format for versions of MaxMSP prior to 4.5. The last package created of CFM objects can be obtained "here".

i downloaded the last package and the OSC and the OSC-route have been excluded . not in there anymore . whoknowswhy.

if you still have the older version i would be thankful if you could send them to me.


October 17, 2008 | 7:26 pm

loook1, I’m quite sure you don’t need OSC-route.

you need udpreceive going into a regular route object.
- I use OSC every day and I don’t use touch externals for this stuff.

Andreas.

loook1 skrev:
> Older Versions:
> We no longer release objects in the CFM binary format for versions of MaxMSP prior to 4.5. The last package created of CFM objects can be obtained "here".
>
> i downloaded the last package and the OSC and the OSC-route have been excluded . not in there anymore . whoknowswhy.
>
> if you still have the older version i would be thankful if you could send them to me.


October 17, 2008 | 8:16 pm

are you on a mac?

do you know how to set up the network client so the ethernet port sends/receives the messages?


October 17, 2008 | 10:07 pm

it’s the same on both mac and pc – and it’s quite thoroughly explained
in the help file, I think.

Andreas.

loook1 skrev:
> are you on a mac?
>
> do you know how to set up the network client so the ethernet port sends/receives the messages?
>
> .
>
>


Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)