Forums > MaxMSP

Where/whom can i purchase max patches from?

April 5, 2009 | 6:45 pm

Im an artist/poetic lyricist/ who plays various woodwind instruments. Im interested in the innovative drum and synth patches/progs for max. I have very little time to spend on learning the higher details of the software, so, Im willing to purchase a kit. If you’re interested, we can discuss the software details and the payment plan. Perhaps through an escrow service – paypal? Also, it could help out a lot if you could point me in the right direction with a fast learning curve (for max/msp). Thanks – Rob_JAX

April 5, 2009 | 7:03 pm

April 6, 2009 | 11:16 am

Hello,

What do you need exactly?

Luis Marques

April 6, 2009 | 4:47 pm

my synth and drum program are so top secret that not even the CIA has a copy, but my old modular sequencer is available since 2 weeks. it is very beta right now, but it is free when you visit the link below.
i am particular interested how a beginner to max can handle it, so you would be very welcome to check it out.

April 10, 2009 | 11:22 am
crasch wrote on Sun, 05 April 2009 20:45
Also, it could help out a lot if you could point me in the right direction with a fast learning curve (for max/msp).

I just made a patch called "Instant Enlightenment". Just brew some hot water over it and it will do its beauty. Especially helpful for innovative artists with not time. Only drawback it’s a bit slow, it will need several years to do its calculations…

But seriously, where are you living? It sounds more like you are looking for a teacher than for existing patches. In the end you need your own ideas implemented somehow no matter if you do the details yourself or not…

Good luck,

Stefan

April 11, 2009 | 12:11 am

Actually, you can develop quite innovative patches from more widespread environments, like Apple Logic or Ableton Live. If you don’t want to spend time learning Max and building stuff yourself, it might be a risky business to ask for a "ready-made innovative music patch". If you end-up making business with someone, make sure you are on the same lines concerning support, supplementary development (when you want your patch to evolve), etc.
That said, in order to make really fun and innovative stuff with Logic or Live, one also has to spend some time learning the advanced possibilities…
Just my 2 cents.
Jean-François.

April 11, 2009 | 6:31 pm

roman: I want to check out your software but it wont let me download it, or join the group?? what am I supposed to do on this yahoo page?

April 11, 2009 | 10:18 pm
Axiom-Crux wrote on Sat, 11 April 2009 20:31
roman: I want to check out your software but it wont let me download it, or join the group?? what am I supposed to do on this yahoo page?

youre in now. joining requires my approval, to keep the spam bots out.

p.s. next version of files will have extensions. Smile

April 11, 2009 | 10:57 pm

Thank you all for your support. Im really interested in all of this creation. I’d like to see where It can grow from this idea : I’d like a beatiful beat generator.

[[[[ In addiction to it I would be able apply words to flash on a the screen with each individual drum hit... as the words can run along as sentence strands, poetry, random words, anything that is imput into it. As each word changes exactly with the beat, I'd also link colors to the background of the changing letters. Maybe it could have the ability to copy and paste an entire novel into the system and send it as an algorhithm of rhythmic values of words and pictures. It would be interesting if it could even logically arrange anagrams, masculent- feminine- neutral syllables, and set defined tactics such as these.]]]]]

April 11, 2009 | 10:57 pm

April 11, 2009 | 10:58 pm

Thank you all for your support. Im really interested in all of this creation. I’d like to see where It can grow from this idea : I’d like a beatiful beat generator.

[[[[ In addiction to it I would be able apply words to flash on a the screen with each individual drum hit... as the words can run along as sentence strands, poetry, random words, anything that is imput into it. As each word changes exactly with the beat, I'd also link colors to the background of the changing letters. Maybe it could have the ability to copy and paste an entire novel into the system and send it as an algorhithm of rhythmic values of words and pictures. It would be interesting if it could even logically arrange anagrams, masculent- feminine- neutral syllables, and set defined tactics such as these.]]]]]

April 11, 2009 | 10:59 pm

April 11, 2009 | 11:03 pm

i suppose you like repetive music.

April 12, 2009 | 2:02 am

i think you should reconsider the idea of a "beat generator". if you’re looking for algorithmic drumming, you need to think of conditions for your system – how is it that the beats are going to be generated. before that, you should consider what aren’t you getting out of drum sequencing on traditional DAWs? and before that you might even want to consider this: someone might sell you a really well thought out patch for drum sequencing, but why would you want that? so you can hit the play button, record the output, then call yourself an innovative artist?

April 14, 2009 | 4:20 am

That’s simply an opinion of yours, not a conceptual calling. Do I not have the right to ask and seek as I see fit? Rather you feel you should moderate the creative activity of this posting? Thats not good for this… why hate? OH… maybe you’re too high in your acting like a great wandering higher to heal it as a houring your hell has it as a hate as its hating its a head as a hearts hot as a heading its a hate as its hating its a hates highest that’s acts its a head as its holding its a house as a head hearing its a hating its hell… yes – thats another lingo of true active hearing

April 14, 2009 | 4:25 am

not at all. Whats with all of these assumptions? I actually come from beebop jazz music,so, repetition only puts me to sleep or makes me feel like running home and taking a shower. Strange, I thought this was a higher concept forum that stands apart from cultural bias.

April 14, 2009 | 4:28 am

maybe i’ll wait and see what i come up with, then let you guys decide if its worth trying to breath ‘cutting edge’ into my own destiny as an art heading…

April 14, 2009 | 8:08 am

I think the assumption you like repetitive music was a joke due to the (I assume accidental) repetitive posting.

April 14, 2009 | 3:44 pm

Hello,

I have developed a series of innovative drum machines.
I might have what you need. If not, I will develop it for you.

Greetings,
pandelisdiamantides@gmail.com

p.s. you do not need to develop innovative tools yourself to create innovative arts

efe
April 25, 2009 | 8:05 am

Pandelis, I agree with that
Emmanuel

June 22, 2009 | 12:34 pm

i agree

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)