Forums > MaxMSP

Who's game?

October 29, 2012 | 5:46 am

The game is a patching circle.

How this works. Change the patch according to the rules posted, post the new compressed patch, copy the rules into your post and add a new rule to the list for the next player. Gets harder as it goes along.

===The Rules===
1) No more than 3 new objects at a time.
2) …
===The Rules===

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

October 29, 2012 | 9:30 am

I’ll play

===The Rules===
2) No less than 3 objects at a time.
3) …
===The Rules===

October 29, 2012 | 3:31 pm

===The Rules===
3) The patcher must contain at least one multi-slider connected to at least one other object.
4) …
===The Rules===

November 8, 2012 | 4:41 am

===The Rules===
3) The patcher must contain at least one multi-slider connected to at least one other object.
4) Copying existing structures of the patcher will count as one new object
5)
===The Rules===

Attachments:
  1. forumgame.maxpat

November 8, 2012 | 11:48 am

===The Rules===
5) You have to Either Change one Object, Change the function of an existing structure(eg by inserting an object) or redefine a rule
6)
===The Rules===

April 10, 2014 | 11:56 am

did I break this? let’s go on!

April 10, 2014 | 1:36 pm

maybe they are still thinking about it.

April 10, 2014 | 1:45 pm

I certainly did for 1 1/2 years. now i finally decided to put another effort in this, my next move is finally ready. :P

April 10, 2014 | 2:20 pm

===The Rules===
5) You have to Either Change one Object, Change the function of an existing structure(eg by inserting an object) or redefine a rule
6) You have to insert at least one new object
7)
===The Rules===

I remember trying to play such a game years ago on these forums… didn’t go far :)

April 10, 2014 | 6:00 pm

i believe no less than 1 is covered by no less than 3 already. but we should ask peter castine about it.

April 10, 2014 | 6:07 pm

I thought so too but I appreciated the effort so much :) also I think I already laid a good basis for rule contradictions anyway

April 10, 2014 | 6:11 pm

===The Rules===
7) Instead of editing the file, you may also post quasi code, a picture, or max4 code with your contribution and let someone else add it to the patcher, using pink patch cords.
8)
===The Rules===

[flonum]
|
[phasor~]
|
[kink~]

April 10, 2014 | 6:18 pm

may I,

April 10, 2014 | 6:27 pm

===The Rules===
7) Instead of editing the file, you may also post quasi code, a picture, or max4 code with your contribution and let someone else add it to the patcher, using pink patch cords.
8) No solo or ping-pong performance: You must wait for at least 2 other contributions, before you may post again.
9)
===The Rules===

[flonum] (min 0., max 1.)
|
[expr (exp($f1*log($f2))-1)/($f2-1)]

April 11, 2014 | 2:11 am

@Roman : i did’nt express myself well it would seem, hence i will modify the rule 6). 6) is still an easy rule.
===The Rules===
6) You have to insert at least one object that wasn’t previously in the patcher
8) No solo or ping-pong performance: You must wait for at least 2 other contributions, before you may post again.
9) You may not use rule 7 more than twice. Moreover, if someone inserts that quasi code in the actual patcher, it doesn’t count as his/her contribution, so s/he can do his/her own thing right after.
10)
===The Rules===
By the way Roman, you just went against the rule you had just set ;)

April 11, 2014 | 12:21 pm

this only happend because the forum is so slow. actually i have clicked the "submit" button 3 seconds before i wrote the new rule.

yesterday when i left, i was thinking of about 15 new rules, which all made me laugh. ;)

MIB
April 11, 2014 | 10:35 pm

Hope I didn’t miss any rules…

===The Rules===
9) You may not use rule 7 more than twice. Moreover, if someone inserts that quasi code in the actual patcher, it doesn’t count as his/her contribution, so s/he can do his/her own thing right after.
10) Make it sound or change the current sound.
===The Rules===

April 16, 2014 | 2:04 am

? :/

April 16, 2014 | 6:25 am

===The Rules===
11) loadbang/loadmess objects are excluded from the rules(no more than 3 objects etc) and can be used all over the place.
===The Rules===

April 16, 2014 | 10:41 am

===The Rules===
11) loadbang/loadmess objects are excluded from the rules(no more than 3 objects etc) and can be used all over the place.
12) loadbang objects are also excluded from rule number 9.
===The Rules===

[loadbang]
|
[loadbang]
|
[loadbang]
|
[loadbang]
|
[loadbang]

April 16, 2014 | 4:36 pm

Well, hope this counts:

BTW… I changed the Float object connected to the expr object by making the minimum 0.0000001.

===The Rules===
12) loadbang objects are also excluded from rule number 9.
13) You must re-name the patcher.
===The Rules===

• This reply was modified 5 months by  mradentz.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)