Why Are My Bangs Not Getting Through?

Aug 16, 2008 at 10:31pm

Why Are My Bangs Not Getting Through?

Hello, here is a bpatcher I made to allow easy generation of midi information. However, it seems that the necessary messages aren’t getting through. It could have to do with my bangs, tho I explicity used a trigger object to make sure my bangs are getting sent through in the correct order, to the correct places.

Here’s the patch (to be opened as a bpatcher, then connected to a makenote/noteout object):

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

I think it’s pretty basic and self explanatory, which is why I am very confused as to why it’s not working.

If there’s any questions, or answers :-D, please let me know.

Much thanks!

#39315
Aug 16, 2008 at 11:23pm

On Aug 16, 2008, at 3:31 PM, Kyle Kaplan wrote:

> I think it’s pretty basic and self-explanatory,

I do not think that word means what you think it means…

You might want to comment this patch with the steps to reproduce the
problem, and the expected and actual results.

-C

Chris Muir
cbm@well.com

http://www.xfade.com

#138238
Aug 16, 2008 at 11:55pm

>You might want to comment this patch with the steps to reproduce the
problem, and the expected and actual results.

wise words.

let me know if you need any more info:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
#138239
Aug 17, 2008 at 4:22am

Well, now that I understand what you’re after, I question the use of
jit.cellblock for real-time data retrieval. I haven’t used it all that
much, but I’m not sure it’s optimized for that. I might favor an
approach where I dumped each column into its own coll, and use the
counters to address the colls.

I got your patch to behave better by:
- slapping a defer between the bang input and the trigger
- making sure that the duration output was an integer

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –
#138240
Aug 17, 2008 at 7:00am

thanks for the help. ill look into your coll solution.

#138241

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.