Forums > Jitter

Why do we need an initial bang ?

July 26, 2007 | 10:25 am

Dear all,

When I using "individual bang" method, therefore separate bang on GL objects and a "swap" message to jit.gl.render for display, I discover that I need an intial bang before any object can be displayed correctly.

Any one know the reason behind ?

#P button 155 330 32 0;
#P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
#P window linecount 1;
#P comment 577 331 100 9109513 video plane 2;
#P number 83 113 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
#P comment 171 309 43 9109513 order 2 1;
#P newex 158 260 27 9109513 t b b;
#P newex 129 260 27 9109513 t b b;
#P button 129 47 32 0;
#P user gswitch2 129 213 39 32 0 0;
#P newex 577 302 271 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane output @position 0.3 0.3 0. @scale 0.5 0.5 0.5;
#P message 646 228 26 9109513 stop;
#P message 610 228 27 9109513 start;
#P message 577 228 26 9109513 read;
#P newex 577 259 91 9109513 jit.qt.movie 320 240;
#P newex 46 412 76 9109513 jit.window output;
#P message 48 346 29 9109513 swap;
#P user jit.fpsgui 92 334 60 9109513 0;
#P newex 297 302 277 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane output @position -0.3 -0.3 0. @scale 0.5 0.5 0.5;
#P newex 48 166 61 9109513 t b b erase b;
#P toggle 48 89 15 0;
#P newex 48 136 45 9109513 metro 20;
#P message 366 228 26 9109513 stop;
#P message 330 228 27 9109513 start;
#P message 297 228 26 9109513 read;
#P newex 297 259 91 9109513 jit.qt.movie 320 240;
#P newex 48 382 83 9109513 jit.gl.render output;
#P comment 125 309 43 9109513 order 1 2;
#P comment 297 331 100 9109513 video plane 1;
#P window linecount 2;
#P comment 194 347 100 9109513 < -- why do we need this bang;
#P connect 9 0 8 0;
#P connect 8 0 10 0;
#P connect 10 0 13 0;
#P connect 13 0 3 0;
#P fasten 10 2 3 0 87 371 53 371;
#P fasten 27 0 3 0 160 371 53 371;
#P connect 25 0 8 1;
#P fasten 10 0 12 0 53 327 97 327;
#P connect 21 0 20 0;
#P connect 20 0 22 0;
#P fasten 10 1 20 1 70 199 163 199;
#P connect 20 1 23 0;
#P fasten 10 3 4 0 104 288 302 288;
#P fasten 7 0 4 0 371 252 302 252;
#P fasten 6 0 4 0 335 252 302 252;
#P connect 5 0 4 0;
#P fasten 22 1 11 0 151 295 302 295;
#P fasten 23 0 11 0 163 290 302 290;
#P connect 4 0 11 0;
#P fasten 10 3 15 0 104 288 582 288;
#P fasten 18 0 15 0 651 252 582 252;
#P fasten 17 0 15 0 615 252 582 252;
#P connect 16 0 15 0;
#P fasten 22 0 19 0 134 295 582 295;
#P fasten 23 1 19 0 180 290 582 290;
#P connect 15 0 19 0;
#P window clipboard copycount 28;

William


July 26, 2007 | 12:40 pm

remove swap and just bang render to draw. also if you want to use
explicit timing make sure to add @automatic 0 to your actualy
geometry, otherwise all those t b b bs arent doing what you think
they are :)

On Jul 26, 2007, at 6:26 AM, williamshome wrote:

> #P button 155 330 32 0;
> #P window setfont "Sans Serif" 9.;
> #P window linecount 1;
> #P comment 577 331 100 9109513 video plane 2;
> #P number 83 113 35 9 0 0 0 139 0 0 0 221 221 221 222 222 222 0 0 0;
> #P comment 171 309 43 9109513 order 2 1;
> #P newex 158 260 27 9109513 t b b;
> #P newex 129 260 27 9109513 t b b;
> #P button 129 47 32 0;
> #P user gswitch2 129 213 39 32 0 0;
> #P newex 577 302 271 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane output @position 0.3
> 0.3 0. @scale 0.5 0.5 0.5;
> #P message 646 228 26 9109513 stop;
> #P message 610 228 27 9109513 start;
> #P message 577 228 26 9109513 read;
> #P newex 577 259 91 9109513 jit.qt.movie 320 240;
> #P newex 46 412 76 9109513 jit.window output;
> #P message 48 346 29 9109513 swap;
> #P user jit.fpsgui 92 334 60 9109513 0;
> #P newex 297 302 277 9109513 jit.gl.videoplane output @position
> -0.3 -0.3 0. @scale 0.5 0.5 0.5;
> #P newex 48 166 61 9109513 t b b erase b;
> #P toggle 48 89 15 0;
> #P newex 48 136 45 9109513 metro 20;
> #P message 366 228 26 9109513 stop;
> #P message 330 228 27 9109513 start;
> #P message 297 228 26 9109513 read;
> #P newex 297 259 91 9109513 jit.qt.movie 320 240;
> #P newex 48 382 83 9109513 jit.gl.render output;
> #P comment 125 309 43 9109513 order 1 2;
> #P comment 297 331 100 9109513 video plane 1;
> #P window linecount 2;
> #P comment 194 347 100 9109513 < -- why do we need this bang;
> #P connect 9 0 8 0;
> #P connect 8 0 10 0;
> #P connect 10 0 13 0;
> #P connect 13 0 3 0;
> #P fasten 10 2 3 0 87 371 53 371;
> #P fasten 27 0 3 0 160 371 53 371;
> #P connect 25 0 8 1;
> #P fasten 10 0 12 0 53 327 97 327;
> #P connect 21 0 20 0;
> #P connect 20 0 22 0;
> #P fasten 10 1 20 1 70 199 163 199;
> #P connect 20 1 23 0;
> #P fasten 10 3 4 0 104 288 302 288;
> #P fasten 7 0 4 0 371 252 302 252;
> #P fasten 6 0 4 0 335 252 302 252;
> #P connect 5 0 4 0;
> #P fasten 22 1 11 0 151 295 302 295;
> #P fasten 23 0 11 0 163 290 302 290;
> #P connect 4 0 11 0;
> #P fasten 10 3 15 0 104 288 582 288;
> #P fasten 18 0 15 0 651 252 582 252;
> #P fasten 17 0 15 0 615 252 582 252;
> #P connect 16 0 15 0;
> #P fasten 22 0 19 0 134 295 582 295;
> #P fasten 23 1 19 0 180 290 582 290;
> #P connect 15 0 19 0;
> #P window clipboard copycount 28;

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


July 27, 2007 | 12:39 am

Hi vade,

I think I get your point on how to make rendering in order success. However, my patch has no problem too, except I need an initial bang.

Anyone who have a touch of the internal jitter implementation can tell if the bang will do something more than "draw" and "swap" ?

You may notice that without the initial bang, the two videoplane don’t even exist in the world~

William


July 27, 2007 | 12:50 am

they do for me if you remove swap.

the initial bang tells the renderer to uh, *RENDER*, otherwise your
screen/window/render context when you launch the patch is empty,
BECAUSE NOTHING HAS BEEN DRAWN

:)

On Jul 26, 2007, at 8:39 PM, williamshome wrote:

>
> Hi vade,
>
> I think I get your point on how to make rendering in order success.
> However, my patch has no problem too, except I need an initial bang.
>
> Anyone who have a touch of the internal jitter implementation can
> tell if the bang will do something more than "draw" and "swap" ?
>
> You may notice that without the initial bang, the two videoplane
> don’t even exist in the world~
>
> William

v a d e //

http://www.vade.info
abstrakt.vade.info


Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)