Forums > MaxMSP

wich groove?

nit
December 17, 2008 | 8:37 pm

i’ve built a live sampling patch wich can sample live input, input from a software sampler and can modify the sampled audio with sample start points, various fx and a self made stutter effect. since it is my first big project in max it gots loads of noobish programming in it wich i can do better with the skills i gatered in the meantime so i’m going to rebuilt it from scratch. aslo a big problem of the patch is that it outputs everything mono because it is based on a one channel groove~ object.
what would be the best groove~ object to choose for rebuilding this patch? just a two channel groove~ or maybe a grooveduck? or is there maybe a ver stable external wich makes it al allot easier.
i’ve included the patch. it won;t work because of the plugins and controllers i use but maybe you can see what it does a bit.

DF
December 18, 2008 | 10:32 pm

use a 2 channel groove~ object with a workaround so that mono files play in psuedo stereo (see below) if you search for xgroove~ external on max objects.com or this forum you’ll find a few tips, also try and rebuild the grooveduck~ helpfile yourself to figure out what the hell is going on with it….

little bit too much here, can be done better I’m sure, alas…..

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

December 19, 2008 | 12:16 am

i took that last patch by DF, which is a great start, and added an amp-windowing function(much like grooveduck but instead of a linear ramp it uses a smoother curved ramp). This is located within the

subpatcher, and then there’s an added "siginterrupt" subpatcher which also cuts the volume out and back in using a smooth ramp via the curve~ object, allowing you to change the playback position on-the-fly with smooth amplitude cuts(problem with groove~ is that changing the immediate playback position(not the loop-points) is done using an event(float) rather than a signal). If you ever want sample-accurate timing, you might look into play~ or wave~ and control the change of parameters using a sah~ which is synced by clock(phasor~, etc.).

anyways, hope it helps further, remember to double-click the at the top to initialize the patch if you’re copying and pasting from this text:

nit
December 19, 2008 | 10:16 am

thanks alot. i don’t have time right now to try it all out but i think this will help me on my way.

nit
December 21, 2008 | 11:49 am

the sfinfo~ does not work the way you connected it. because the loaded (or recorded) soundfile is not in my searchpad. is there another workaround to see if the sample in buffer~ has 1 or 2 channels?

o s
December 21, 2008 | 12:19 pm

Quote: nit wrote on Sun, 21 December 2008 12:49
—————————————————-
> the sfinfo~ does not work the way you connected it. because the loaded (or recorded) soundfile is not in my searchpad. is there another workaround to see if the sample in buffer~ has 1 or 2 channels?
—————————————————-

as long as you are on the same disk you can use [absolutepath]

hth

ole

December 21, 2008 | 12:36 pm

You could also use [dialog] to report the entire path to both [buffer~] and [sfinfo~].

lh

nit
December 21, 2008 | 6:12 pm

thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)