wii Dance Dance Revolution

Mar 20, 2009 at 1:42am

wii Dance Dance Revolution

I am curious if anyone has been successful at using data from a wii dance dance revolution pad to control video. If so, could you give me a few pointers? What version of the game did you use? How do you get jitter to respond to the blue tooth connection? This is for an art installation and I could build the thing from scratch using motion sensors, but it would be great to cut out some of that initial construction work.

Thank you!
Lisa Marie

Mar 20, 2009 at 3:28am
lisamarie wrote on Thu, 19 March 2009 20:42
I am curious if anyone has been successful at using data from a wii dance dance revolution pad to control video. If so, could you give me a few pointers? What version of the game did you use? How do you get jitter to respond to the blue tooth connection? This is for an art installation and I could build the thing from scratch using motion sensors, but it would be great to cut out some of that initial construction work.

Thank you!
Lisa Marie

Haven’t tried that one, but I was able to get a knock-off version to work using the [hi] object. If [hi] sees the hardware you’re good to go.

Mar 20, 2009 at 4:00am

Thanks for the tip. I will check out the [hi] object.
~lmp

Mar 20, 2009 at 10:33am

that might be interesting, shure.. I never used this stuff, but I used a wii ordinary controller.. from my experience with it, it was much easier to get it syncronized with OSCulator, than with aka drivers.. so why don’t you give OSCUlator a try, and see if it recognizes the device you want to connect with max, having it properly syncronized with your computer? that’s the only thing I can help you in.. good luck

http://www.osculator.net/wp/

Of course hi is always great stuff, but I think it only works with USB

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.