Forums > MaxMSP

Wiiremote bang routing problem

June 6, 2010 | 6:53 pm

Hi, I’m sending data from a wii remote buttons (included below is the subpatch ‘buttons’ from where I’m sending but I keep getting a problem in my main patcher where if I press the – or + button (or any bang, from any button, for that matter when using the receive vol- or receive vol+ object)… unsure what to do. I have put switches in place but I’m sure this is pointless and unnecessary now… any ideas?

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 6, 2010 | 7:18 pm

What exactly is the problem you’re having – what do you expect to happen and what is happening instead? Hard to help you debug if we don’t know what you’re trying to accomplish.

June 6, 2010 | 8:02 pm

Looks like the problem is with your send/receive, check your max window and you’ll see "extra arguments for message "send"" which means volume up and volume down won’t perform as expected. Send/receive only accept 1 argument, that’s the name that connect the send and receive. The moment you add a space it becomes 2 arguments.

Try vol_up and vol_down instead.

Regardless of whether this solves your problem:

*****Check your max window******

even if you don’t understand the messages at first, they will tell you what’s wrong and you can communicate the problem.

June 6, 2010 | 9:58 pm

Really helpful, thank you very much
N

June 6, 2010 | 10:12 pm

Unfortunatly the vol_up argument didn’t solve the issue – my max window is giving me this and my hunch is that the problem is in the zeros that buttons share (the + button starts with the 4096 and the – button starts with 16) and the problem, just to remind you, is that both buttons are sending a bang message that is shared even though the send and receives are labeled differently… I just want the buttons to have a different bang message sent from the sub patch into the main patch and not to influence each other so that – I CAN USE + and – TO ADJUST VOLUME ON THE WIIREMOTE.
The max window reads:

print: 4096
print: 0
print: 16

here is the subpatcher again if needed:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

June 6, 2010 | 10:31 pm

Try placing a [sel 16] and a [sel 4096] before the appropriate [send] objects so that they will trigger a bang rather than just sending the number values.

lh

June 7, 2010 | 12:22 pm

That’s the one – thanks very much Luke

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)