Win max patches on mac ?

Oct 16, 2007 at 8:39pm

Win max patches on mac ?

Hi list…

Can anyone share some experience on using win xp patches on a mac?
What I really want to know is if I’ll be able to use the patches I’ve done for the last 3 years using Win Xp in a mac book pro that I am planning to buy it for xmas because I was a good boy this year.
I understand I could not do the other way around beacause we have loads of externals for mac only… but is it true that I will have a lot of trouble to get them working on a mac?
While I am here… another quick question…. can I run a stand alone application in Win done by a mac?

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:00pm

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:31pm

Santa is going to give you a Mac at xmas???

Are you sure that you was a good boy this year? ;)

don’t want to start a war!!! it’s just a joke!

Oct 16, 2007 at 9:54pm

Hi Julien. Thanks for your reply..
As I thought, even if I have to change the patch in some ways I should be able to get them working…. my main concern is to create exe’s to be run in xp, as I am working on a project to be used by xp maniacs….
Should I stick with the common xp/mac externals and objects to avoid problems on the exe’s?

Well Rui…. taking previous years as example….this year I was a very very good boy… heheheh

thanks guys…

Oct 17, 2007 at 8:59am

max/msp/jitter patches that i’ve compiled to runtime versions have run fine from mac to xp and vice versa. although I don’t remember the extent of third party externals that i’ve used, i’m sure that a quick glance of the section of the manual that covers this topic would provide the necessary information.

in reply to bootcamp… VMware http://info.vmware.com/content/GLP_VMwareWkstn3c?urlcode=AMER_Google_Hero_VirtualMachine&src=PaidSearch_07Q3_VMW_Google_AMER_Google_Hero_VirtualMachine&ossrc=PaidSearch_07Q3_VMW_Google_AMER_Google_Hero_VirtualMachine&gclid=CNz825DHlY8CFRcbWAodWE2BeQ
(i hope that links) functions smoothly on a mac and cost $80. This allows you to run mac and windows (and linux) apps. simultaneously
and from what i’ve seen is very stable.

congrats on the mac

Benjamin

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:06am

Hi Benjamin,

Thanks very much for your reply… thats what I wanted to hear… heheh

Regards

Oct 17, 2007 at 10:22pm

Oct 18, 2007 at 12:54am

On 18 oct. 07, at 07:22, jln wrote:

> Can you run Max on VMware (I mean, not only compiled apps) ? I
> remember that Pace system did not work with Parallel for example (I
> didn’t check if that’s still true, though). Is it the case with
> VMware ?

Yep. You need to reboot and use bootcamp. Or use the Max Runtime or a
standalone or your own.

ej

Oct 18, 2007 at 1:09am

Oct 18, 2007 at 7:55am

hi

i don’t know Macvery well, but on PC you can boot from an external drive like usb pen or HDD.

can you install windows in a 2gb pen and when you need to use windows you put the pen and rebbot.

this will not cust disk space and let you use windows. (if windows fits on a 2gb pen).

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.