Forums > MaxMSP

window focus

February 8, 2007 | 11:53 pm

I’ve got a few borderless windows in the app I’m working on. There
is no indication to the user that the windows are (in)active. the
problem is the controls are right there in front of your face, but
you still have to "activate" the window to use it. This gives the
user the impression that the control doesn’t work on first click.

any suggestions?

why not just make the window a pallet? well.. lets put it this way:
if I can go out of my way to avoid it, I will.

-matt


February 9, 2007 | 12:11 am

On Feb 8, 2007, at 3:53 PM, matthew aidekman wrote:

> I’ve got a few borderless windows in the app I’m working on.
> There is no indication to the user that the windows are (in)
> active. the problem is the controls are right there in front of
> your face, but you still have to "activate" the window to use it.
> This gives the user the impression that the control doesn’t work on
> first click.
>
> any suggestions?

mousestate->"front"->thispatcher

Or ye olde "all windows active"

-Joshua


February 9, 2007 | 12:45 am

I feel the shame of a thousand mistaken japanese business men.
*bows and apologizes 30 times*

ye olde indeed


February 9, 2007 | 6:39 am

On a similar note, how can one check which window is active?


February 9, 2007 | 8:58 am


February 9, 2007 | 10:05 am

On 9-Feb-2007, at 07:39, Nicholas C. Raftis III wrote:
>
>> On a similar note, how can one check which window is active?
>

active

————– http://www.bek.no/~pcastine/Litter/ ————-
Peter Castine +–> Litter Power & Litter Bundle for Jitter
Universal Binaries on the way
iCE: Sequencing, Recording &
Interface Building for |home | chez nous|
Max/MSP Extremely cool |bei uns | i nostri|
http://www.dspaudio.com/ http://www.castine.de


February 9, 2007 | 5:42 pm

perfect thanks!



_j
February 9, 2007 | 9:04 pm

Quote: Matthew Aidekman wrote on Thu, 08 February 2007 16:45
—————————————————-
> I feel the shame of a thousand mistaken japanese business men.
> *bows and apologizes 30 times*
>
> ye olde indeed
>
—————————————————-

Hahahaha!


Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)