Forums > MaxMSP

Windowing in Windoze

October 24, 2006 | 5:56 pm

Hello all!

I’m having a bit of troule with how windows are managed in the Windoze version of Max (I am forced to use Windows for this project sadly).

I have an insane multi-monitor setup (14 displays! – http://www.flickr.com/photos/c0nn0r/252644800/). I need to send portions of video to each monitor (I use jit scissors and glue). On OS X I can send them to uWindows and move them anywhere I want. On Windows uWindows (and other windows) can only be moved within the context of the greater Max window. For my setup this is problematic. Is there any way I can "liberate" windows and have them displayed outside (independant) of the greater Max application window?

October 24, 2006 | 7:41 pm

@floating 1

Connor Dickie schrieb:
> Hello all!
>
>
> I’m having a bit of troule with how windows are managed in the Windoze version of Max (I am forced to use Windows for this project sadly).
>
> I have an insane multi-monitor setup (14 displays! – http://www.flickr.com/photos/c0nn0r/252644800/). I need to send portions of video to each monitor (I use jit scissors and glue). On OS X I can send them to uWindows and move them anywhere I want. On Windows uWindows (and other windows) can only be moved within the context of the greater Max window. For my setup this is problematic. Is there any way I can "liberate" windows and have them displayed outside (independant) of the greater Max application window?
>
>

October 25, 2006 | 10:08 pm

Thanx…

Could you give me a bit more context under what "@floating 1" would be used?

ie. What object can I assign this attribute to… A jit.window?

Is this arguement Windows only? I just tried it on my Mac on a few objects and I only get a "x does not understand jit.window"

Again, thx 4 your help on this…

October 25, 2006 | 10:09 pm

Thanx…

Could you give me a bit more context under what "@floating 1" would be used?

ie. What object can I assign this attribute to… A jit.window?

Is this arguement Windows only? I just tried it on my Mac on a few objects and I only get a "x does not understand jit.window"

Again, thx 4 your help on this…

October 25, 2006 | 10:20 pm

Figured it out…

the jit.xxx object would be in a form similar to:

Thanx for your help ;-)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)