Forums > MaxMSP

Working out tempo from TPB and BPM

July 26, 2009 | 5:44 pm

Ok compared to some of the other qs on this board my noob post is probably a doddle, but im having trouble working out tempo for a sequencer im building:

– Pasted Max Patch, click to expand. –

using data of 50BPM and 4TPB results in 200, which divided by 60000 (millisecs in a minute) should give the interval between two ticks of time, but using this method, thats apparently 3ms. Is this another example of msp bugs creeping in, or is it me doing something wrong?

July 26, 2009 | 6:13 pm

I think you just may have your order of operations reversed. What about…
50 (BPM) divided by 60000 = 1200 ms
then
1200 ms divided by 4 (TPB) = 300 ms per tick

July 26, 2009 | 6:58 pm

Ok, thanks that works and seems to make sense.

On a completely unrelated note, how do you hide wires? I can click "hide on lock" for objects, but wires still remain ethereally connected! :s

July 26, 2009 | 8:10 pm

Select the patch cords either by shift+clicking them individually or with alt+drag (this selects any objects as well) and then hit command+k. It is command+l to make them visible again. You can also set the colour and transparency by right clicking and selecting the "color" option.

lh

July 29, 2009 | 11:54 pm
thereishopeforus@hotmail.com wrote on Sun, 26 July 2009 14:10
Select the patch cords either by shift+clicking them individually or with alt+drag (this selects any objects as well) and then hit command+k. It is command+l to make them visible again. You can also set the colour and transparency by right clicking and selecting the "color" option.

lh

Ok i dont have a command button, so where would i go? :S

ahh, ctrl+k/L does it lol

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)