Writing a Piano Chord Saver and Recaller, minor Problem.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:03pm

Writing a Piano Chord Saver and Recaller, minor Problem.

The top row controls which chord you want to program…it basically controls a gate So if you hit the top left button, all the STORED data in Chord 1 gets played and all new data goes to Chord 1, as soon as you hit the second from the top left, all the stored data in Chord 2 gets played and all new data then goes to that function and so on etc etc etc…

So let’s say I activate chord one and randomly click the matrix, notes should sound. A note on when that box is lit, and the note goes off when that box is unlit. So that’s LIVE playing, but also the Matrix inside Chord 1 stores what is on and off, so we can recall it later….

The problem is, when I do what I want in Chord 1 and switch to Chord 2, all the data from now on DOES go to Chord 2, but the note ON’s from Chord 1 never get triggered off, so I still have sound, eventhough I want NO sound bcs Chord 2 has NO SOUND programmed yet. I need to figure a way to keep track of what notes were left on in Chord X and when switching to Chord Y, shut all those off.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:05pm

Maybe when I switch from Chord to Chord, the first thing I should do is send a message for all midi notes OFF. Is there a global way to do that, I don’t think so…besides going through every note :*(

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:10pm

Im trying to copy this pretty much:

http://www.vimeo.com/837074

Perhaps I should just do note durations (user selected) instead of only ON and OFF

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:14pm

have a look at borax. run all of your midi note events through that
object.

On Nov 19, 2008, at 4:05 PM, marcos wrote:

>
> Maybe when I switch from Chord to Chord, the first thing I should do
> is send a message for all midi notes OFF. Is there a global way to
> do that, I don’t think so…besides going through every note :*(

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:14pm

I think the borax object might help you here. Take a look at the help file.

Nov 19, 2008 at 10:39pm

also, an easier solution might be to use [flush]

Nov 20, 2008 at 6:30pm

Quote: Nick Inhofe wrote on Wed, 19 November 2008 17:39
—————————————————-
> also, an easier solution might be to use [flush]
—————————————————-

Yes sir, that turned out to be the easiest thing to do. Thanks!

Nov 21, 2008 at 11:22pm

Next problem. I am using a monome to control this. If I hit two button at the same time, there are a few times when only one midi note will actually get through. I’m probably hitting them at near the exact same time and only one gets through to noteout. Anyway around that?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.