X-Y Surround

May 7, 2012 at 5:10am

X-Y Surround

I have a patch that greg heffernan made and I am trying to find out why the one instance of the plugin is affecting all channels that have an instance on it. The normal max for live surround patches do not effect other instances on other channels. I do not understand why this is happening, if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

May 7, 2012 at 5:32pm

Didn’t have a look at the patch, but the first suspect in a case like this is that there’s a send receive pair in the patch *not* using the naming convention in M4L which, from memory, is to precede the identifier with — ie (send —mydata]. So [send mydata] will broadcast to any/all instances of a device containing [receive mydata] while [send ---mydata] should only be recieved by the local instance. Edit: Note there is no space between the three dashes and the name ie —mydata, but for some reason the forum software seems happy enough to insert line breaks after the dashes!

http://cycling74.com/docs/max5/vignettes/core/live_symbols.html

May 12, 2012 at 7:50pm

Awesome! You were exactly right the send and recieve values for the XY were not unique sends. Thanks again you saved me a ton of hours troubleshooting. Now to map it to 12 outputs and 12 Lemur xy pads for ultimate surround control.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.