Forums > Java

Xcode – Java

md
October 29, 2009 | 1:17 pm

Hello,

Is there any step by step tutorial about setting up Xcode for Java external development?

Quickie is good but the font size is too small (how can I change this by the way?)

Thanks
D

md
October 29, 2009 | 4:59 pm

I got an old project developed by a friend and tried to build but I got the following warning

Jam is deprecated; targets that use Jam should be upgraded to native targets. For more information on doing this, consult the Xcode documentation.

Any ideas?

efe
November 4, 2009 | 6:23 am

I don’t think using Xcode for java projects is the best option at all. Maybe you can tryout eclipse or the javac on the terminal.

md
November 9, 2009 | 7:29 pm

Thank you.

When I try to compile from the terminal I get many errors. I think for some reason the compiler cannot locate the com.cycling74.max

Any ideas?

md
November 9, 2009 | 10:14 pm

Well I found a solution. Just in case that someone needs this information all you have to do is to include a -classpath instruction in the javac command defining the place where the compiler can pick up the required JAR files.

November 12, 2009 | 8:30 pm

Aren’t these two different issues …. ?

With Max5 the location of the max.jar was changed, so using the old helloworld example does not longer work. One has to relocate the max.jar … no problem.

In Snow Leopard however, an error occurs because jam is deprecated (in Leopard this is only a warning), which will not allow compilation …. what is up with that?

EDIT: found an updated example project for XCode 3.1, let’s see if it works (though I am using 3.1x on Leopard and there it compiles at least)

Thanks
best

November 20, 2009 | 6:47 pm

You can use X-code / Eclipse (or NetBeans – who has experience of that and how does it compare?)

Buut to complie from Terminal use:

javac -classpath "/Applications/MaxMSP 4.6/Cycling ’74/Java/Lib/max.jar" mfc_control4.java

so I have done cd to chande directory to where mfc_control.java is.

then I edit in X-code because it looks nicer.

Then switch to terminal ans compile.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

md
November 20, 2009 | 8:11 pm

It seems that setting up Eclipse is quite easy

Follow this link

http://compusition.com/web/articles/maxmsp-eclipse

I prefer XCode and I usually follow the method for compiling decribed above

terminal javac -classpath etc etc etc etc

Dimitris

md
November 20, 2009 | 8:11 pm

It seems that setting up Eclipse is quite easy

Follow this link

http://compusition.com/web/articles/maxmsp-eclipse

I prefer XCode and I usually follow the method for compiling decribed above

terminal javac -classpath etc etc etc etc

Dimitris

November 20, 2009 | 10:23 pm

Yes, but what is the problem with XCode under snow leopard. How to get around the Jam deprecated thing?

The updated helloworld is not better than the one delivered IMHO ….

best

November 20, 2009 | 10:23 pm

Yes, but what is the problem with XCode under snow leopard. How to get around the Jam deprecated thing?

The updated helloworld is not better than the one delivered IMHO ….

best

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)