The DarkMixer is a Max4Live device.
It has float function, so you can use it to control the LIVE-mixer in arrangement-view on a secondary screen.
I have built this device because I needed a mixer with many channels on small place.
I was inspired by thomsonaudio http://www.maxforlive.com/library/index.php?by=author&q=Thomsonaudio and synnak http://www.maxforlive.com/library/index.php?by=author&q=synnack
It was my first M4L device and I think I have learned something about M4L API and subpatching;)
New main feature:
Device control for all channels.
Just click under the volume meter to select device
and turn it on/off with the button right besides.
Some minor changes are done for better experience like
some cleaning up the design and stabilize the app.
You can download the free demo first on my blog.
The demo is some kind of limited, it offers just 16 channels and 2 return/sends.
- 32 channels
- 6 returns
- MASTER control
- Device control (on/off)
- channel names will be the same as in LIVE-mixer
- mute, solo, pan, volume and send ammount on every channel
- cue control on MASTER
- bidirectional communication between DarkMixer and Ableton mixer
- optimized for a screen-resolution of 1440*900pxl
- low cpu consumption (~2% on my old C2Duo)
How did this project use Max?
It is an M4L device.