Einstein is not just a tool to play videos, it allows anyone to play a list of videos, cross fading between them, with the possibility to adjust the video output to many kinds of surfaces.
I believe that this tool can be an ice breaker to anyone that intends to playback videos in thousands of different manners.
This is the first public release, however this will always be a work in progress project, and being open source we intend that you use, modify, hack and share this tool.
Features available ATM:
- playlist with file names;
- parametric crossfade between videos;
- parametric fade in and out to black and/or white;
- keystone / corner-pin adjustment;
- record and load custom presets.
Future versions will include:
- mask overlay with a PNG with transparency;
- independent multiplayer system (optional);
- one player as Master and the other player as Slave (optional);
- customization for several outputs;
- subtitle overlay;
- Improve modularity for fast prototyping and custom projects;
- Improve performance;
- Create the same GUI paradigm to control audio and light;
- Cue list to control everything;
- MIDI, DMX and OSC protocol to control Einstein, and to be controlled by Einstein.
Take a visit http://artica.cc/einstein.html for more useful information and downloads.
How did this project use Max?
This project was entirely created with MAX.