M4L Tide Synthesizer
M4L Tide is a 8 voice synthesizer with some special features. This synthesizer can be used in Ableton Live 9 with Max for Live. It accompanies my new 10-track album called ‘shipbuilding’ – available on Bandcamp.
The core features of Tide are:
- 4 Oscillators. 2 Oscillator are special wave Oscillators, accept drag and drop of audio files. OSC 1 has a “wavecreator” and allows also manual waveform drawing.
- 4 LFO’s (2 are have a fixed routing to OSC 1 and OSC 2, LFO 3 and 4 have various routing destinations)
- Moog-Style Lowpass filter
- 2 ADSR envelope generators. The filter ADSR has adjustable segments for percussive sounds (use an arpeggiator!)
- Modulation envelope (with positive/negative and offset)
- Chorus unit in the master section
- Oscillator Sync
- Noise generator with white and pink noise
- Ring- and Frequency modulation
For more details, Fred from Apple takes the time to walk you through a YouTube video…
A (small) manual is available on my homepage.
How was MAX used?
Tide was done completely in Max 6.