rnd manager / an alternative score display utility
rndmanager is the name for an external written in C for MAX/MSP 5.
The idea is to allow for a different style of music notation system, which can be altered in real time according to 6 parameters :
- freq ( = rhythmic density ) mean value / heterogeneity
- amplitude mean value / heterogeneity
- on-ratio ( = length of an event ) mean value / heterogeneity
What you can find in the provided link :
- an example app for practising with the system (compatible osx/intel only)
- an example patch
- the external itself ( OSX / MAX5 / Intel )
This system has been used several times in concerts involving musicians from various backgrounds, the project was called Comma (http://www.comma.fr)
How did this project use Max?
The main application was made with Max/MSP/Jitter, and involved the creation of an external.