Thanks for your help. We've received your bug report.

skaoss

2012
Ireland

This program is loosely based on the “kaoss pad” by Korg. It consists of four separate sample players each of which has its own sequencer. Each player is used to  load a sample which is then divided into ‘x’ equal divisions. The sequencer is then used to determine which, if any, of these divisions is then played back-with the sequence moving from left to right, right to left, or randomly through selected divisions.

The sequencers are then run through a number of user controlled effects which enables further manipulation of the audio. The effects available are: volume controls, cross fader, filters, bit crusher, delay, and two audio choppers, the first of which is user controlled while the second is algorithmic. All of the effects are controlled within a square control surface in the center of the program interface.

Other features include the ability to record audio into one of the sequencers in addition to resampling the audio which is being played by the other sequencers.

How was MAX used?

All programming was done using Max

skaoss

May 16, 2012 at 8:22pm

Hi,
the windows work?

May 17, 2012 at 3:02am

Hey man, sorry should have put down that its mac only. I’ll put up a zip of all the Max patches and externals on the wordpress page though and hopefully you’ll be able to run it on windows that way….. dont have a windows computer runnin Max anymore so I cant check I’m afraid

May 17, 2012 at 3:23am

Project folder for 1.4 just uploaded to my wordpress page…. hope it works for ya!

May 17, 2012 at 5:21am

Hi,
Thanks so much ;) Аll is well, skaoss works ;) But in the folder with the patch is not enough patcher chuckerChopper3 ~.maxpat ;)

May 17, 2012 at 7:16am

Sorry about that man-my bad, too many folders of stuff kept too untidily for me to keep track :)
Changed the link there so now the folder should include everything ya need…. probably easiest to just delete the old folder as I changed the patch name to chuckerChopper3.maxpat (no “~”) and changed the main patch to incorporate this. Hope ya enjoy!

May 17, 2012 at 9:36am

Thanx ! Nice job !!! skaoss for me very useful :)

May 17, 2012 at 2:27pm

Excellent, thank you! Have you considered adding MIDI control to this?

May 18, 2012 at 6:05am

@kluben Good to hear it man, i’d love to hear anything you end up doin with it.

@yasha Yea I had thought bout midi but I dont really have a controller that would work with it… I’m workin on a few improvements at the moment so once Ive done those I’ll see about settin up some kind of midi control for it. The main problem I had with doing it though was that I’d probably have to make a controller specially for it(have a couple of arduinos lyin around but missin pretty much everythin elsse I would need) if I really wanted it to work properly-othertwise you’d kinda be lookin at doing some stuff(maybe controlling some of the effects for example) using midi but would still have to input the sequences and other stuff using the mouse.

Anywho aimless rant over :) If ya have any particular suggestions on how to go about implementing some midi control let me know(just added a contact page on my wordpress) otherwise just keep an eye on the page n i’ll put up new versions when ever they’re available(and hopefully I’ll have set up some sort of midi control soon).
PS as i said to kluben I’d love to hear anything you end up doing with it!