Project: Build a new VL70-m Editor/Librarian/effect manager for the Yamaha Virtual Acoustic Synth module VL70m.
The VL70-m Module is a synth module that allows very expressive sounds using a Breath Controller (eg.Yamaha WX5. BC2/3 etc.).
Status: Beta standalone versions for MAC/WIN32/WIN64 are released and are under test.
- MAC/WIN compatibility – standalone application
- Full remote control, no need to touch the VL70m
- Ability to edit all Voice element parameters, including keyscaling & breakpoints.
- Easy access to Voice Templates (similar to Yamaha Visual Editor)
- Advanced Effect Editor with ability to extract/store/load effects to/from Current Voice)
- Import capabilities of older VL70m libraries (.ALL .LIB)
- Patchman Turbochip compatible
- Backup/restore of the custom, internal voice memory slots
- Color/Theme management (Editor look and feel does change based on instrument type loaded)
- Parent Child dependency manager between the Custom and Internal Variations (Element voice)
- Visual overview of Editor Memory status using a intelligent progress bar
- Advanced Logging tool to facilitate support issues
- Ability to add attributes to Current Voice (Instrument Classification, Author, Remark, Thumbnail)
- Easy access to Yamaha Factory Presets in case your VL70-m has a TurboChip
- Layout of Editor to facilitate a smooth Sound design flow
- VL1 voice library import capability (foundation is ready)
- Manual & Automated Tuning
- Voice Library Management (with ability to rate, comment, classify VL70m voices)
- ability to assign Midi Controllers and Macros to effect parameters etc.
Contact VL70m@imoxplus.net in case you want to stay informed on the progress of this project.
How was MAX used?
This project makes extensive use of the DICT and COLL objects. A SYSEX engine has been designed to be able to handle the high volume of SYSEX data exchange (a voice for the VL70m consist of >1800 parameters). The GUI of the tool made standard MAX/MSP features. No externals are used. All standard out of the box MAX/MSP objects.