Thanks for your help. We've received your bug report.

Wob

Create and record wobbles.

EXPLORE

Wob

Aug 23, 2011 at 9:54am

It’s a really amazing fun toy – very expressive and dynamic – fresh new sounds – quite short – absolutly cool – greate work – thanks a lot!!!

High potential to be the the hottest m4l device in Ableton Live.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:12am

because neither the author, nor cycling 74, nor the wob website have stated that this is windows only – I have wasted about 15 minutes of my life trying to get it to output sound on OSX. I still don’t know if it’s windows only, but I think it’s safe to assume that now.

People who omit these kind of details should be flogged. especially when it comes to multi-platform systems like MAXmsp.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:43am

Sorry, it is not windows only in fact, but i had a lot of trouble, it takes too long to explain… mac version isn’t on the website because i can’t know if it is buggy or not: http://www.facebook.com/pages/WOB-Wobble-Synthesis-Software/210940915603012
anyway i apologize for my omission, i’ll provide soon.

Aug 23, 2011 at 10:48am

As soon as possibile: my iMac was stolen, i have to reassemble my pc and reinstall programs and i’m working on a lot of other things, i’m just one… it would be great to find someone who wants to join Wob project with me.

Aug 23, 2011 at 12:46pm

sorry to hear about your stolen mac.

I downloaded the mac beta. launching the app causes an instant crash.
but when I choose to ‘show package contents’ and load the max file directly, it opens ok.

is this app supposed to be midi controlable ? … it’s not responding to midi input ( my midi settings are setup correctly)

the inbuilt sequencer ‘crazy pianist’ or whatever it’s called…works for sine & square wave, but does nothing when using a wav/aif file.

looks interesting though.

any other info I can provide ?

cheers

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:54pm

“launching the app causes an instant crash.” yes, mac version is not on the website in fact, because i could not revise it…

No, this version is not midi controllable, new version will be released first as m4l, so you can midi map it; for now i’m making wob 4 with notes and partitures keyboard mapped.

In new version mad pianist will work for everything, i’ve also improved the box to load files: you’ll be able to load wav, aiff, mp3 with the ability to select if you want a portion of the incoming signal (visualized in the box) from line-in/mic and wob it live.

Thanks a lot JD for your very useful comment ;)

Aug 23, 2011 at 5:58pm

Selecting a portion of the incoming signal is very important, it’s the faster way to make skrillex-like basses (fox ex.), but everyone has to make his own stile, everyone has to find and be himself 100% :)