Thanks for your help. We've received your bug report.

LiveGrabber

by

The LiveGrabber plugins are a set of Max For Live plugins that send device and track parameters from Ableton Live to any device on the network that supports Open Sound Control (OSC).

LiveGrabber

Jul 13, 2011 at 10:23am

Looks cool! I want to move from midi to OSC for controlling Resolume. Does anyone know if tempo sync can be sent via OSC?

Jul 13, 2011 at 12:31pm

Tempo sync can be sent via OSC but it’s not very common. Perhaps it’s time for a SetGrabber for all global Live parameters? :)

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:28pm

@ stu Check these max4live devices I’ve developed last year for Resolume. They are specially made as an OSC bridge between Ableton and Resolume Avenue. Following the instructions of the Resolume team I’ve connected all the vital functions of Resolume Avenue to Ableton, tempo included if I remember correctly. Otherwise I have the tempo patch (m4l device) in my HD and I could habd it over to you. http://media.resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6747 Let me know! Greetings, pandelisdiamantides@gmail.com

@ Mattijs I’ve received some e-mails asking me if we could connect our devices as to create a “more complete” (as they wrote) OSC bridge from Ableton to any other software/device. I never found enough free time to get into that but it looks like we could do something soon. Let me know if you have time for this! Greetings, pandelisdiamantides@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2011 at 1:32pm

Just checked it out. Tempo is included :)

Jul 16, 2011 at 5:31am

Heya Pandelis,

With tempo sync I imagine stu means actually making Resolume and Ableton play their beats and bars at the same time. When communicating the tempo and a resync on play start like in your patch, the apps might be synchronized initially but it misses a way to keep them running in sync for a longer time or when the tempo in ableton is changed during play.

Using OSC to make sure the apps continue to play in sync should be possible though, theoretically even more accurate than with a midi clock since OSC messages can carry time tags. But it would require a special implementation on Resolume’s side to take the time tags into account to sync their playhead accurately. Also, there would have to be a mechanism to adjust the slaved playhead to new sync info in an eased way rather than having a small time jump whenever a sync messages comes in.

Best,
Mattijs

Jul 17, 2011 at 11:00am

Hi Mattijs, I msg’d Pandelis on the resolume forum over 7 months ago now, how time flys…:)
I’ve found that Pandelis ResolumeM4L devices need OSC & Bundles enabled @ Resolume preferences, but your devices only work with resolume with bundles disabled in Resolume.
Both used together, could eliminate the use of midi mostly between live and resolume hopefully :)
Syncing the playheads from ableton session view to resolume clips could best be solved using ms pinky method…?

Jul 20, 2011 at 3:36pm

@ Matthijs: thanx for your reply. I will take a closer look to the available devices and see what I can do to improve them! Let you know when I have something.

@ Duncan: unfortunately time flies on busy times, indeed! I don’t remember if I replied to your message at Resolume forum. I have received quite some mail concerning those devices and I replied to those willing to build upon the devices. Unfortunately, I never heard anything back neither I saw anybody building upon the devices. Luckily Matthijs came with his tools and refresh my mind on that.

@ All: By no means I say that Matthijs builded upon my work. Maybe unnecessary to say – just to avoid any misunderstandings. I have to admit though that I am delighted seeing other people addressing similar tech issues.

Jul 21, 2011 at 9:57am

Hi all,

A little surprise for Resolume-lovers; LiveGrabber-like plugins tuned for Resolume:

Please let me know on their forum if you have any feedback :)

Btw, no OSC tempo sync included, still need midi for that ;)

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:44pm

Now we’re talking!.. ;)

Aug 2, 2011 at 6:07am

Hi Mattjs
Thank you for these wonderful plugins, what you have created means osc via M4L to resolume is now very stable. and I am going to test it out at a big festival this weekend

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:07am

Update: In version 2.7 you can now use Clip Envelopes to send out OSC by using the VoidGrabber plugin. Let me know if you run into any issues or new ideas!

Best,