From Cycling '74 Wiki
Revision as of 12:56, 1 May 2013 by Matthew
Using the sfplay~ object
patchers/docs/tutorial-patches/msp-tut/16mRecordPlayAIFFFiles.maxpat provides a working example of sfplay~ in action.
- MSP Tutorial 16 provides a basic introduction.
sfplay~ Tips and Workarounds
- Most objects in Max that play audio files usually reference data that has been loaded into RAM via a buffer~ object. sfplay~ is unique in that it streams audio directly off your hard drive.
- You may prefer to use sfplay~ for large audio files that you don't want to load into memory, or for playback functions that don't require extensive playback manipulation.
- sfplay~ does supports variable speed playback, sample accurate cue looping and triggering, signal outputs for playback position, and correct playback of files with sampling rates different than the current sampling rate.
- sfplay~ supports the AIFF, .au, WAVE and Raw Data files. If you need to play MP3 or other file types, you may need to buffer~ and play~
Third-Party Max externals similar to the sfplay~ object
People who looked at/used this object also looked at....
Errors or Clarifications
(please list things that you believe to be errors or omissions from the existing refpage)