1D Cellular Automata (help me with my crappy patch)


    Jul 01 2010 | 7:24 pm
    Hello,
    I am trying to learn a little about Cellular Automata. I am trying to make a little 1D CA in MAX. I made a patch based on a simple switching circuit. It seems to work but it is messy. A very typical patch for me, not clean or elegant everything is brute force connecting cables. I wonder if someone might have a look at it and suggest how to make it better, cleaner. It's not a large patch so it is simple to see what is happening.
    thanks in advance
    K

    • Jul 02 2010 | 10:04 am
      Thank you for taking a look Raja. I will look into PAK, Jit.Linden and I did not know about the wolfram patch so I will definitely look at that as well.
      Cheers
      K
    • Jul 02 2010 | 2:07 pm
      The PAK object is great for my little patch. Cuts down on cabling and outputs all at once, perfect. The Jit.Linden object is a little complex for me yet. I will have to do a bit of study on that one. The Wolfram patch is fantastic. It is a very complex patch but I recognize the patterns and it is easy to control. I can reduce size of the L-System to 12 and then I get 8 gate outs which is essentially what I wanted 8 chaotic gates to send to my modular synth.
      So thanks again for the tips I will go off now and study up on L-Systems.
      Cheers K