For some reason with this version and the previous the getpluginnames button in the audiounit~ help does not work - it doesn't generate a list of available plugins. I trashed the Max prefs but that didn't help. Suggestions?
I suspect that maybe Max had been quit (or crashed) or something in the middle of doing the scan. If so then the database of plug-ins created by the scan would have been in a bad state. So then re-scanning fixed the problem.
If you do find something else going on, please let me know, and thanks for the report!
i'd like to report a bug. I think it's the right place, it's rather straightforward.
Max freezes if :
audiounit~ has loaded a plug in without a custom gui (includes all Apple default plugs) ; then
user makes the plugin gui appear ; then
closes the max patcher in wich is the audiounit~ host.
You need to force Max to close then.
The freeze doesn't occur when it's a plugin with its own gui. i'm on macbook pro osX 10.6.6 intel core i7, latest max, latest audiounit~.
btw thanks for audiounit~, it's great job even with that :) and i have a feature request as well : would it be possible to have a way to display a plugin gui appear inside a patch, not in a floating window, like if inside a bpatcher ? same question for vst~ btw...
i got message error windows with a little terminal icon, about plugins for example " native saying memory is getting low" and then its impossible to close the error windows, the weirdest thing is that even if i close max i got the window is staying,even relaucnhing the finder doesn't help, only solution then is to logg off.
on my computer (mac10.6.8., max 5.1.8) when using the octogris au (http://www.iact.umontreal.ca/site/?page_id=1091⟨=en) even in the simple 2X2 configuration, opening and operating the pluginwindow works fine, but sending a wclose message crashes max.
would be nice to have these spatialisation plugins supported in max!
I always like progress but I have just ported some patches from Max4 to 5 regarding the new audiounit object. Now, it has already changed again and when I look at the new vst/au object, it does not tell me more. I tried the Absynth plug in and try to load the presets but it could not do it.
Maybe it is still the same problem like I found under Max5, but in any case I have to learn about this object again.......Maybe it is for the better though...
I will make a report on Max6 beta bug about the vst/au object later.
I HOPE that you still consider the au object of Max5 worth updating?!!!
As I said earlier, I had a problem with chosing program preset from an Absynth 5 plug in.
I can only say, regarding from what I saw the new object is like under 6, that it should have the same structure like au under 5. A list of programs, a list of plug ins, a list of parameters, hopefully inside an ubu menu. That was very elegant and easy to use.
Let me know what your ideas about this are please.
I tried the vst. The prg names are there and I can switch between them. Unfortunately, the sound does not change. I tried the stand alone Absynth 5 and it is just like that too. I wrote to Brian and I hope he will tell me what the problem is.
I still need to use Max5 for some production work. Where can I find the very latest (last) version of the audiounit~ .... I found several beta versions mentioned in various forum posts but it was never clear which one was the most recent.
Would you be open to releasing the source for this external? I've tried using ~vst in Max 6 but have found ~audiounit to be much more stable, and I prefer it's api. There are also some enhancements related to parameter processing that I'd like to bake into it, to avoid the messaging overhead.
I don't really care about maintaining the source in a public repo, so if you'd prefer to just send it to me privately, I would be most grateful.
I would also love to get access to the source of this external. I'm desperately trying to switch to Max6 but I am still having problems with the [vst~] component sometimes causing Max to crash when a VST is freed. I've been contemplating writing my own VST wrapper but it's a lot of work and I'd love to have an existing external from which to start (or just use).
a little bit late, because I've some projects which are in progress (vc_fun_gen, compositions...)
this message is in english and german partially
Ich bin derzeit nicht an Max4Live interessiert: Software wie Samplitude Pro (Magix), die Portierung nach osx ist "ja" in Planung, erfüllen meine Ambitionen zielgerichteter (natürlich ist noch Einiges nachzuarbeiten gerade was MIDI, osc betrifft)
in the last two years, I've began to developing several plugins and instruments which are ported as dll and vst to win (xp,w7) as osx (10.5.8, 10.6.8)
now is the ver.6 of Max on my machines (the difficult design is another point - I prefer more the outfit by Max 4.6.3 a kind of "constructivism")
and the ugly mistake in Max ver 5, 6 is the unavailability by these choices
If somebody has a practicable solution to available the export of my developed stuff as vst etc please let me this know
I've (and not myself) also interest for some howtos manuals or short guides about this tpoic (and others from the MaxMsp-world)
in german (sure I understand english, but sometimes is it more useful to read and recapitrulate the readings in native language)