I've just started having a potter about with max, worked through the tutorials etc and have been putting together some basic patches to get a feel for how to do the basics. One thing i seem to be having terrible trouble with is getting my objects to synch perfectly whether using metro or tempo.
In the basic patch i've got (which i can either copy in text to the forum or upload to my site), I'm trying to synch an uber-basic sequencer made up of triggers to a loop-player playing a 1-bar sample (using groove~). However every now and again the sample will start slightly delayed or the beat from the sequencer will slip, making it fall out of sunch for a bar, before recovering again afterwards.
Ive tried using both tempo and metro as i say, and tried it with overdrive on and adjusting the performance settings to favour the requisite processes. still it keeps happening. i'm starting to think either i'm being phenomenally stupid (possible as i really am a beginner here) or else it may be my pc.
my hardware: acer travelmate laptop runnign WinXp, 768mb ram, 2.6ghz processor, and an emu 1616 pcmcia soundcard.
let me know how best to show the patch and ill get that on display.